• Toll-free  888-665-8637
  • International  +1 717-220-0012
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

TKatch
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 29, 2013 11:51:23 PM(UTC)
TKatch

Is anyone taking advantage of the abandoned cart log? I'm trying to figure out how to follow up either manually or automatically. Some companies even offer discounts to customers who come back to complete the order after a day or two.
Aaron
#2 Posted : Friday, August 30, 2013 6:57:37 AM(UTC)
Aaron

United States

Was thanked: 163 time(s) in 158 post(s)
Originally Posted by: TKatch Go to Quoted Post
Is anyone taking advantage of the abandoned cart log?

We've done this before by integrating with a third-party tool like an email service provider (ESP) or company that offers a cart abandonment solution. The latter will probably be easier to implement but then you'll still need an ESP for your other marketing emails.

I'm trying to figure out how to follow up either manually or automatically.

You can do this manually in BV 5 by using the Shopping Carts report in the admin. In 2013, when using the new One Page Checkout Plus, we actually capture the email address immediately after it has been entered into the field, so you should be able to capture a lot more email addresses than in the past.

Some companies even offer discounts to customers who come back to complete the order after a day or two.

Yep! There are a million ways to structure a cart abandonment campaign and ultimately it comes down to a marketing decision. And testing. You'll want to test the number of emails sent, different offers, which email includes the offer, how soon to send the first email after the cart is abandoned, etc.
Aaron Sherrick
BV Commerce
Toll-free 888-665-8637 - Int'l +1 717-220-0012
TKatch
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2013 12:38:58 AM(UTC)
TKatch

Thanks, great comments. I'll work up a campaign for manual follow up and see how it goes.

I just thought of something to help with cart abandonment: I'm going to make our phone number more visible on the checkout page. Instead of abandoning, they may call.