• Toll-free  888-665-8637
  • International  +1 717-220-0012
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Outdoor Ed
#1 Posted : Friday, October 20, 2006 6:15:07 PM(UTC)
Outdoor Ed

How do I remove the Powered by BVC Logo at the bottom of the page. It seems to be hardcoded in the Poweredby.ascx control. When I changed the image to point to my own the BVC image still comes up. How do I get rid of it?

Also, I need to modify some of the PNG files that come with the themes. Can we get the PSD files so we can modify them?

Rick
Cliff
#2 Posted : Friday, October 20, 2006 8:22:23 PM(UTC)
Cliff

You don't need to touch the poweredby.ascx control, just remove the reference to it from your theme's footer.ascx control (near the top and bottom of the control).

Not sure if any PSD or layered PNG files are available for any of the themes other than the TekGear Redux BVC5 theme. You'll need to check with BV.
Outdoor Ed
#3 Posted : Friday, October 20, 2006 10:14:03 PM(UTC)
Outdoor Ed

Thanks Cliff, that's one solution which I can use for now. I actually did want to have a footer. Just with my own information not a BVC ad. So I still can't figure out how to change the Poweredby.ascx file to do this.
Cliff
#4 Posted : Saturday, October 21, 2006 12:27:35 AM(UTC)
Cliff

You don't need to change the Poweredby.ascx file. BVModules/Themes/YourThemeName/Controls/Footer.ascx is the file you want to edit. Just remove the reference in footer.ascx and add your own information.

What theme are you using to start your design with?
Outdoor Ed
#5 Posted : Saturday, October 21, 2006 9:08:03 AM(UTC)
Outdoor Ed

I was trying to understand why since footer.ascx references poweredby.ascx and I changed poweredby.ascx why the BVC logo still appeared. Doesn't make sense according to how I understand user controls are supposed to work.

Anyway for now I just removed the reference in footer.ascx.

I've been working with the Painted Paper theme.

Rick
Cliff
#6 Posted : Saturday, October 21, 2006 2:36:06 PM(UTC)
Cliff

Probably because the image source is set in the codebehind (poweredby.ascx.vb), and not on the poweredby.aspx page itself, because the image is being pulled from bvsoftware.com and so the URL must change when on secure pages in your store. It's probably easier to leave it alone, if you aren't comfortable working in vb.net.