• Toll-free  888-665-8637
  • International  +1 717-220-0012
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

TKatch
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 16, 2018 11:12:46 AM(UTC)
TKatch

We are in our 30 day trial with Ship Station and I'm trying to understand some of the functionality between SS and BV.

1. When importing orders, new orders are pulled into SS based on the BV Order Status. But if a change is made, on the BV side, to a previously imported order, SS does not update the order. This is a big problem with address corrections and product updates that never make it to SS. Is this a bug or is this how it's supposed to function for some reason?

2. SS is able to import a lot of information from BV for each order, including Order Notes, which is great. It seems that a note can be modified or maybe added in SS, but can that note be automatically updated on the BV end? Currently it is not updated on the BV end.

3. I would love to use the Ship-by Date feature. There is not much info on how to use this. Is the ship-by date only set by setting up automation criteria for order import? I would love to have a ship-by date field on the BV side that SS could import. We currently enter a ship-by date manually in the Public Notes field for the customer to view, however, this is only a text field and can't be used as data for processing.
Aaron
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 17, 2018 11:01:09 AM(UTC)
Aaron

United States

Was thanked: 163 time(s) in 158 post(s)
Originally Posted by: TKatch Go to Quoted Post
1. When importing orders, new orders are pulled into SS based on the BV Order Status. But if a change is made, on the BV side, to a previously imported order, SS does not update the order. This is a big problem with address corrections and product updates that never make it to SS. Is this a bug or is this how it's supposed to function for some reason?

Orders should update in ShipStation. The only reason I can think of that this wouldn't be happening is if the order status of the updated order(s) has changed so that they no longer match the criteria specified in your ShipStation configuration.

2. SS is able to import a lot of information from BV for each order, including Order Notes, which is great. It seems that a note can be modified or maybe added in SS, but can that note be automatically updated on the BV end? Currently it is not updated on the BV end.

No, ShipStation does not support that feature.

3. I would love to use the Ship-by Date feature. There is not much info on how to use this. Is the ship-by date only set by setting up automation criteria for order import? I would love to have a ship-by date field on the BV side that SS could import. We currently enter a ship-by date manually in the Public Notes field for the customer to view, however, this is only a text field and can't be used as data for processing.

What is the "ship-by date"? Is it the date that you intend to ship a package or the actual date that a package shipped?
Aaron Sherrick
BV Commerce
Toll-free 888-665-8637 - Int'l +1 717-220-0012
TKatch
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 17, 2018 4:30:56 PM(UTC)
TKatch

The Ship-By Date is a Ship Station field that is meant to note when the order is due to ship. In the Automation section I can set criteria that will set the this date to any specified number of days after the Order Date.
Aaron
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 17, 2018 5:43:52 PM(UTC)
Aaron

United States

The Ship-By Date is a Ship Station field that is meant to note when the order is due to ship.

This is not a field that ShipStation passes back (like their order notes).
Aaron Sherrick
BV Commerce
TKatch
#5 Posted : Friday, January 19, 2018 9:58:45 AM(UTC)
TKatch

Here is the reply I (eventually) received from my Account Manager, David, about item #1:

I understand changes you make in BV Commerce regarding customer's shipping information is not updating in ShipStation. Considering this is a custom store integration, I'm curious whether you have reached out to BV Commerce directly regarding this issue. This may be the best course of action considering we have limited capabilities with custom integrations. If you've been in contact with your BV Commerce rep, please provide any info passed during that interaction. I will look for your reply!Thanks,David ****

David notes here that shipping information is not updating, but in fact, no information is updating. It is important that all information be updating whenever a change is made on the BV side, such as customer notes and product details.

Can you look into this since it looks like Ship Station is putting this on BV as their issue?

Aaron
#6 Posted : Friday, January 19, 2018 10:13:13 AM(UTC)
Aaron

United States

Tom,

Please open a support ticket with us and provide details about orders that are not updating that should be. We will then most likely need to open a support ticket with ShipStation to look into it on their end.
Aaron Sherrick
BV Commerce