• Toll-free  888-665-8637
  • International  +1 717-220-0012
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

TKatch
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 16, 2017 10:48:28 AM(UTC)
TKatch

I love the idea of being able to override the short description for the product page cross sells and up sells. However, I wanted to make a nice little bullet point list to describe the benefits of the cross sell (actually using the cross sell areas as an up sell since I think, at least for our use, you want to up sell from this area, not cross sell into another catagory). Anyway, html coding is apparently not allowed since it crashes the page. Any ideas to work around?
Aaron
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 16, 2017 2:08:19 PM(UTC)
Aaron

United States

Was thanked: 163 time(s) in 158 post(s)
Originally Posted by: TKatch Go to Quoted Post
Anyway, html coding is apparently not allowed since it crashes the page. Any ideas to work around?

By default ASP.NET provides protection from HTML entered into form fields. So, for any page where HTML is valid input you must disable this security measure. We do that elsewhere in the admin where we expect to see HTML. To do this you must add ValidateRequest="false" to the page directive (first line that starts with: <%@ Page) of the page.

Note that the description override can only contain up to 512 characters and currently is not used by the application. Meaning, if you want to display it you will need to modify your theme to leverage it.
Aaron Sherrick
BV Commerce
Toll-free 888-665-8637 - Int'l +1 717-220-0012
 1 user thanked Aaron for this useful post.