• Toll-free  888-665-8637
  • International  +1 717-220-0012
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

sternyy
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 5, 2015 10:44:39 AM(UTC)
sternyy

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
We are looking to track not only orders through the website, but orders placed through the admin. This will help us identify what are the most common products placed over the phone rather than PCB, and a few other benifits of gathering this data. Is there a way to create a new view (maybe filter it by IP address or what page and order is submitted through in the admin) in GA and add the analytic's code to track admin orders?
Aaron
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 7, 2015 7:16:27 AM(UTC)
Aaron

United States

Was thanked: 163 time(s) in 158 post(s)
I'm sure that this would be possible. Personally, though, I don't think that this is the best approach. GA is a tool for measuring user behavior on a website (and it happens to also report sales performance), but you're not interested in measuring behavior in the admin. This is more of a business intelligence question than a web analytics question. For that I would create a custom report in the admin. Another benefit of this approach is that the report could show sales for the frontend, admin, or both all from one report. The GA approach would require flipping between views and also not provide a way to aggregate the results.
Aaron Sherrick
BV Commerce
Toll-free 888-665-8637 - Int'l +1 717-220-0012
sternyy
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 7, 2015 8:12:15 AM(UTC)
sternyy

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Thanks Aaron,

We ended up finding a way to add the analytics code to track internal sales and traffic. It was important for us to view what we are looking at internally on our site to measure how it lines up with phone calls and logs. Having multiple views wasn't much of an issue as what I thought. Its also a good way to split internal and external traffic... if you need to. We used filters.