• Toll-free  888-665-8637
  • International  +1 717-220-0012
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

sternyy
#1 Posted : Monday, February 16, 2015 3:01:21 PM(UTC)
sternyy

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
We've been doing some heavy reporting use GA. I've noticed some inconsistencies between what the admin reports and GA reports. For instance, I set a date in GA for December 1st - December 7th. I create a report for a list of transactions placed. I have some transactions from a complete different time frame show up. I also have duplicate transactions totals up to a false revenue. I understand transactions that have been changed after GA logs them, but why there are transactions from different time periods or duplicate transaction doesn't make sense to me.

Has anyone else seen this?
Aaron
#2 Posted : Monday, February 16, 2015 3:17:50 PM(UTC)
Aaron

United States

Was thanked: 163 time(s) in 158 post(s)
Sometimes you'll see revenue differences due to what is being counted (e.g. shipping, handling, tax, etc). By default the Grand Total value is sent to GA.

Yes, we have recently seen some duplicate transaction issues. I always thought GA was smart enough to weed these out, but that appears to not be the case. In the next release we've taken steps to prevent this. To create a duplicate transaction, view the receipt page (/Receipt.aspx) with a query string that corresponds to a past order (e.g. /Receipt.aspx?id=XXX).
Aaron Sherrick
BV Commerce
Toll-free 888-665-8637 - Int'l +1 717-220-0012
sternyy
#3 Posted : Monday, February 16, 2015 3:26:00 PM(UTC)
sternyy

Originally Posted by: Aaron Go to Quoted Post
To create a duplicate transaction, view the receipt page (/Receipt.aspx) with a query string that corresponds to a past order (e.g. /Receipt.aspx?id=XXX).

OK that would make sense now. Some people might copy the link and view it on a different day, triggering the GA tag. I looked up when the order was placed. It showed up multiple times on different days. Found this to be true with multiple orders when they appear during different days and times.

Bummer, that will take some extra steps in getting accurate data.

Thanks Aaron!

Steve95
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 17, 2015 10:19:42 AM(UTC)
Steve95

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
sternyy out of curosity what report data are your trying to get from within BV and what is the advantage of the GA report?
sternyy
#5 Posted : Tuesday, February 17, 2015 11:45:02 AM(UTC)
sternyy

Originally Posted by: Steve95 Go to Quoted Post
sternyy out of curosity what report data are your trying to get from within BV and what is the advantage of the GA report?

We advertise heavily by manufacturer so we like to find correlations between manufacturer sales and how much we spend in advertising. Looking up products by SKU in GA helps show where our traffic is coming from, and if there is any correlation with advertising (CPC) and what are sales are. It is also cool to see the difference between CPC sales, organic sales and phone call sales. We can then more accurately choose where to spend money and where not to. Does that help?

Steve95
#6 Posted : Thursday, February 19, 2015 4:18:11 AM(UTC)
Steve95

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Certainly does, thank you for the explanation.
Empoy
#7 Posted : Wednesday, March 4, 2015 6:15:54 AM(UTC)
Empoy

Philippines

" Looking up products by SKU in GA helps show where our traffic is coming from, and if there is any correlation with advertising (CPC) and what are sales are. It is also cool to see the difference between CPC sales, organic sales and phone call sales. We can then more accurately choose where to spend money and where not to."

-This idea is awesome, I will try to check on this and I would love to see how this will work. I'd been using GA before but ain't quite sure how thing work before. Thank you.