• Toll-free  888-665-8637
  • International  +1 717-220-0012
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

[email protected]
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 8, 2015 7:00:39 PM(UTC)
gdelorey@mitcs.com

Hi Aaron -

We've got an existing BV client who is switching from PayPal to Cybersource for payment their payment gateway. Cybersource seems to have more involved in it's configuration - I'm reading the configuration instructions linked below the settings area within BV that mentions installing keys and specifying a key path. In version 5.7.3, there is no key path field to place this. I only have merchant ID, transaction key, live url and test url.

Do you know if Cybersource still requires these keys to be located in the BIN folder? And do you know if the integration with Cybersource is using their SOAP api or Simple api? They have different keys and instructions for each...

Thanks,
Greg
Aaron
#2 Posted : Friday, January 9, 2015 12:19:53 PM(UTC)
Aaron

United States

Was thanked: 163 time(s) in 158 post(s)
reg,

Originally Posted by: [email protected] Go to Quoted Post
In version 5.7.3, there is no key path field to place this. I only have merchant ID, transaction key, live url and test url.

The "Merchant Transaction Key" field labels is a little misleading. This field should contain the physical file path to your keys folder. So, is you put the key files in the /bin folder the field should be something like this: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\bin. Note that if you hold your mouse over each textbox on the CyberSource gateway settings page you'll get some additional instructional in the title text/tooltip.

Originally Posted by: [email protected] Go to Quoted Post
And do you know if the integration with Cybersource is using their SOAP api or Simple api? They have different keys and instructions for each...

Looking at the CyberSource.dll it doesn't look like it is using SOAP. However, when you read the description of the Simple Order API it doesn't sound like this is appropriate for shopping carts. I wonder if we're using something that predates the current methods.

If the above information isn't enough to get you going I did find some other tidbits from scouring the forum:
  • It looks like you need to copy the CybsSecurity.dll file from the \components folder of the solution into the /bin folder of your website since it is referenced by the CyberSource.dll assembly.
  • You may need to set your app pool to "enable 32-bit applications" for the CyberSource assemblies to work properly.
Aaron Sherrick
BV Commerce
Toll-free 888-665-8637 - Int'l +1 717-220-0012
Steve95
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 13, 2015 4:11:18 AM(UTC)
Steve95

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Greg

We use Cybersource for our online stores. The standard plug-in I believe uses the Simple Order Api.

Quote:
I'm reading the configuration instructions linked below the settings area within BV that mentions installing keys and specifying a key path. In version 5.7.3, there is no key path field to place this. I only have merchant ID, transaction key, live url and test url

Your key path needs to go in the field labeled Merchant Transaction Key. However there is a fly in the ointment. Cybersource are currently changing their Simple Order API implimentation in response to changes to the MasterCard SecureCode (MCSC) program explained in the "Attempts Service" section of the MasterCard Global Bulletin (No.9).

With this change, Accountholder Authentication Value (AAV) data will be returned for Payer Authentication Validation transactions that fall within MCSC Attempt Processing scenarios. If the attempts AAV data is not provided for MasterCard Secure Code transactions, the fraud liability shift may not apply.

All of this will take place on the 3rd of February. From the looks of it the standard implimentation will probably need updating to take this into account

http://support.cybersour...p;searchid=1412112287087

Edited by user Tuesday, January 13, 2015 4:12:52 AM(UTC)  | Reason: typo

[email protected]
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 13, 2015 4:44:13 PM(UTC)
gdelorey@mitcs.com

Hi Steve & Aaron -

Very informative post, thank you for sharing.

Greg
Steve95
#5 Posted : Thursday, January 22, 2015 5:38:39 AM(UTC)
Steve95

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Greg

As a follow up to my earlier post, I have discovered that the new changes do not seem to stop the old simple order api commands working, at least on the test site for now.

Edited by user Friday, January 23, 2015 11:01:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: typo

Aaron
#6 Posted : Thursday, January 22, 2015 10:38:16 AM(UTC)
Aaron

United States

Was thanked: 163 time(s) in 158 post(s)
Thanks for the info, Steve!
Aaron Sherrick
BV Commerce
Toll-free 888-665-8637 - Int'l +1 717-220-0012