• Toll-free  888-665-8637
  • International  +1 717-220-0012
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

TKatch
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 5, 2014 10:09:17 AM(UTC)
TKatch

Trying to send a custom a Forgot Password email from admin gives me this error:

This Email Template Could Not Replace All Tags. E-mail Will Not Be Sent.

Here is the code for the template:

<font face="Arial">Your password has been reset.</font>
<br />&nbsp;<br />
<font face="Arial">Username: <strong>[[User.UserName]]<br />
</strong>Password: <strong>[[User.Password]]
</strong>
<br />
<br />
You can login with your new information here: [[Site.SiteName]]&nbsp;[[Site.TimeStamp]]
</font>

1. I don't see any issues with the code and all tags exist in the list.
2. [[User.Password]] should be some some kind of reset password, not just password, I would think.

Edited by user Monday, January 6, 2014 1:28:05 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Aaron
#2 Posted : Monday, January 6, 2014 11:52:09 AM(UTC)
Aaron

United States

Was thanked: 163 time(s) in 158 post(s)
Originally Posted by: TKatch Go to Quoted Post
Trying to send a custom a Forgot Password email from admin gives me this error:

This Email Template Could Not Replace All Tags. E-mail Will Not Be Sent.

To clarify, the title of your forum post says "Print Template" but it looks and sounds like you're using an email template, right?

Next question: how are you trying to send a password reminder email from inside the admin? Are you trying to send it from a customer's order details page? If so, that won't work because only Order, LineItem, and Site replacement tags will work from the order details page (i.e. User tags will not work).

The only way to send a password reset email to a user is to fill out the password reset form on the front end (/ForgotPassword.aspx). This will use the "Forgot Password Template" email template, which you can modify as you see fit. Note that [[NewPassword]] is the replacement tag for the new, reset password.

As a side note, it would be nice to add a feature to the user edit page where you could click a button to send a password reset email.

Aaron Sherrick
BV Commerce
Toll-free 888-665-8637 - Int'l +1 717-220-0012
TKatch
#3 Posted : Monday, January 6, 2014 1:30:46 PM(UTC)
TKatch

Yes, "Email" Template (now corrected) for title.

Okay, so it is currently not possible to send an email from admin with a new password. This feature would be helpful in the future.

I will also correct the new password tag to [[NewPassword]]. Thanks.

Tom
Aaron
#4 Posted : Friday, September 2, 2016 9:04:50 AM(UTC)
Aaron

United States

Was thanked: 163 time(s) in 158 post(s)
I stumbled onto this post and wanted to update the information provided here to reflect updated functionality in newer versions of BV Commerce.

Originally Posted by: Aaron Go to Quoted Post
Next question: how are you trying to send a password reminder email from inside the admin? Are you trying to send it from a customer's order details page? If so, that won't work because only Order, LineItem, and Site replacement tags will work from the order details page (i.e. User tags will not work).

In BVC 2015 SP2 we added the ability to use [[User]] replacement tags with order emails. Note, however, that if a customer placed an order without being logged in the [[User]] replacement tags will use default values (which in most cases means that they will be blank).

Originally Posted by: Aaron Go to Quoted Post
The only way to send a password reset email to a user is to fill out the password reset form on the front end (/ForgotPassword.aspx). This will use the "Forgot Password Template" email template, which you can modify as you see fit. Note that [[NewPassword]] is the replacement tag for the new, reset password.

As a side note, it would be nice to add a feature to the user edit page where you could click a button to send a password reset email.

In BVC 2015 we added the ability to send a password reset email to a user from the user edit page. This uses the same email template (noted above) as the password reset on the frontend.

Aaron Sherrick
BV Commerce
Toll-free 888-665-8637 - Int'l +1 717-220-0012