• Toll-free  888-665-8637
  • International  +1 717-220-0012
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

SPCteam
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 7:13:30 PM(UTC)
SPCteam

United States

I need the price for an item to be adjusted based on a percentage of increase, not a fixed dollar amount.

Example: Product base price = $100.00

Selected Variation: Golden Finish = 20% Add-on
Selected Variation: Special Feature = 15% Add-on

Also it would be great to be able to choose combined or sequential adjustments in a certain order of application (total of 35% or first 20% increase and then 15% of that adjusted price).

Without this feature I am forced to manually edit each of the variations of each of the products EVERY time the base price changes from the manufacturer... not a good system.
Aaron
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 8:28:07 PM(UTC)
Aaron

United States

Was thanked: 163 time(s) in 158 post(s)
This sounds like you're describing a modifier:
Originally Posted by: SPCteam Go to Quoted Post
I need the price for an item to be adjusted based on a percentage of increase, not a fixed dollar amount.

...but then you say this, which sounds like you're actually using choices:
Without this feature I am forced to manually edit each of the variations of each of the products EVERY time the base price changes from the manufacturer

Assuming that you don't actually need choices (i.e. individual SKUs with the option to track inventory on them) then a modifier sounds like the way to achieve this. Granted, you would need to customize the modifier to allow percentage-based price adjustment rather than just amount-based, but this really shouldn't be that difficult. I've added this to our potential list of new features for the next release, but if you need this feature now, talk with a development partner to get an estimate for what this functionality would cost. If you continue to use choices the import/export feature in BV Commerce 2013 should at least make it quicker and easier to update your prices.

Also it would be great to be able to choose combined or sequential adjustments in a certain order of application (total of 35% or first 20% increase and then 15% of that adjusted price).

This would need to be custom functionality specific to your business. Most likely the way that we would implement this, if we added it to the product, would be to multiply the adjustment amounts against the product base price and then sum the adjustments.
Aaron Sherrick
BV Commerce
Toll-free 888-665-8637 - Int'l +1 717-220-0012
SPCteam
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 8:44:27 PM(UTC)
SPCteam

United States

Thanks for the quick response!

When would the code be available for me to examine to see if I can handle the mod in-house? (even a beta)

If we move to 2013 from BV2004, this will need to exist by some method. The upgrade for us is long overdue :-)

Thanks again for your help!!
Aaron
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 9:36:18 PM(UTC)
Aaron

United States

When would the code be available for me to examine to see if I can handle the mod in-house?

BV Commerce 2013 will be released next week. Presently we do not have a downloadable demo version, but even if we do decide to offer one in the future, the full source code would not be included with a demo version.
Aaron Sherrick
BV Commerce
SPCteam
#5 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2013 10:33:28 AM(UTC)
SPCteam

United States

I would not be interested in a demo version. I meant, when can I get the full source code to begin the task of making the mods required for our move to bv2013 (either a beta or the actual launched product). - The website seems to have no method of purchase, or pre-order, or notice of when that can happen... Just sayin
Aaron
#6 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2013 12:18:30 PM(UTC)
Aaron

United States

I meant, when can I get the full source code to begin the task of making the mods required for our move to bv2013 (either a beta or the actual launched product).

The product will be released later this week. The beta version is only available to BV Commerce partners.

The website seems to have no method of purchase, or pre-order, or notice of when that can happen... Just sayin

When we release 2013 later this week you will be able to purchase it on the website. On the homepage there is a mailing list signup. Subscribers will be notified when it is available.
Aaron Sherrick
BV Commerce