• Toll-free  888-665-8637
  • International  +1 717-220-0012
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

dan @ HYAS
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 3, 2013 1:36:06 PM(UTC)
dan @ HYAS

United States

Is the Customer able to see their total points in their Account? Or is it only displayed during checkout as in the demo. Can the customer choose when to use the Loyalty Points, or do they just get applied in next order as in the Demo?
Aaron
#2 Posted : Sunday, August 4, 2013 7:29:14 AM(UTC)
Aaron

United States

Was thanked: 163 time(s) in 158 post(s)
Originally Posted by: dan @ HYAS Go to Quoted Post
Is the Customer able to see their total points in their Account? Or is it only displayed during checkout as in the demo.

We actually have a control that you can drop into any page that will display the customer points balance in points or the equivalent currency value. We may incorporate that into the MyAccount_Orders.aspx page out-of-the-box.

Quote:
Can the customer choose when to use the Loyalty Points, or do they just get applied in next order as in the Demo?

Points are automatically applied to the next order. This functionality can be customized, though, as we did do this for one of our beta testers. Do you think this functionality would be important to your customers? When our beta tester requested it I wasn't convinced that customers would 'save' up their points rather than use whatever they had at each purchase. The other thing that I don't like about it is that it introduces more cognitive overhead (i.e. thinking) on the most complicated and important page of the site, checkout.
Aaron Sherrick
BV Commerce
Toll-free 888-665-8637 - Int'l +1 717-220-0012
dan @ HYAS
#3 Posted : Sunday, August 4, 2013 5:38:45 PM(UTC)
dan @ HYAS

United States

I think having the points listed in the customers account would be helpful to them. Would it also be possible to have the points they are using and earning displayed on the Cart page much like is done on the Checkout page? I think having the points on display may get the customers to purchase more.

Don't know if customers would like to save up or just use them all at once. But would at least give them the option if they have it.