• Toll-free  888-665-8637
  • International  +1 717-220-0012
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

paulnapper
#1 Posted : Friday, April 18, 2008 10:25:37 PM(UTC)
paulnapper

Hey All

Thought I would contribute to this forum by displaying a link to my site http://www.blueparcel.com which is based on BVsoftware. I have spent huge amount of money and learnt heaps from the experience of making this site. It is now my new found passion!.

Please let me know what you guys think of it.

Cheers,

Paul
MitchA
#2 Posted : Saturday, April 19, 2008 8:54:27 AM(UTC)
MitchA

A department store. Not bad.

Blue on blue is hard to read.

I prefer to see the edges of the page I'm on. I get the allure of the clear over the huge background, but it's a little unconventional and distracting while trying to focus on a product's image and info.

"Go to admin" shows on product page: SKU: BBLISSP (and others) in the site menu. It shouldn't be there for a shopper to see and click.

There are many places the text is hard to see after mousing over it or if it's been flipped after a visit... "I have read Terms and Conditions" is one example.

I added a product with 0's for shipping parameters. This kind of omission needs to be caught.

I'll assume there are reams of instructions in the works.... like how to FTP images so I can select them on the product edit page, how to create a shipping profile, product type and type properties, bulk editing based on manufacturers or type. Seasonal sales, inventory, volume discounts..... Yikes!

You must get a percentage, I couldn't find it.

I see no provisions (yet) for add'l images or for choices or modifiers, clothing needs size choices.

Not a bad concept and I'd like to set up a shop like this myself, but this is going to be a LOT of work if the merchant loading his products doesn't know BVC's methods. I've offered to allow a few friends to load their products for sale on my site. They gave up after making a mess for a few hours - I ended up loading their products myself - and spent less time doing that than I had spent on the phone walking them through the process.

Good luck with this, a great concept.
Optimists invent airplanes,
Pessimists buy parachutes.
alueders
#3 Posted : Saturday, April 19, 2008 1:23:44 PM(UTC)
alueders

Paul,

I sent you an email regarding the dropship/vendor features built for your site, however my email was bounced back, tried again and same thing happened. Can you provide another email address or confirm if you received my email.

You may want to post a thread to my earlier post on the forum where I inquired about a back-end vendor console to generate some feedback on not only your store, but the vendor features that were built for you. I think many dropshippers would be interested in these.

Thanks,

Ashley
alueders
#4 Posted : Saturday, April 19, 2008 2:04:01 PM(UTC)
alueders

Paul,

The thread was posted in Feature Enhancements on 3/17 from me, ACL10, where I asked if a plug-in had been built for a vendor console. I think there would be a lot of value for all in creating a plug-in for the BV cart.
paulnapper
#5 Posted : Sunday, April 20, 2008 8:45:08 PM(UTC)
paulnapper

Thanks MitchA

Great feedback i'm glad so many people are possitive about the concept! - I have a re-design that is being implemented to counter the blue on blue. It can be seen on [email protected] (was having email issues however is now back up)

[email protected]

[email protected]

I look forward to reading your email.

Cheers,

Paul