• Toll-free  888-665-8637
  • International  +1 717-220-0012
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

blaclabelpremium
#1 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2008 12:43:01 AM(UTC)
blaclabelpremium

Please check out our site, and tell us what you think.

We are a pretty large clothing line selling our clothes in many stores such as Dr. Jays, Up Against the Wall, Macy's, soon to be Dillard's.

Thank you for your input (good or bad)

http://www.blaclabelpremium.com/
MitchA
#2 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2008 9:15:15 AM(UTC)
MitchA

Please post the URL. You can add it to your profile, it'll light up the little house to the left.

Nice site because it works, is uncluttered, holds it's theme and is probably fine for the audience, but not my taste and very sterile. The target audience may seem a bit unsophisticated and this next comment may seem harsh, but most product shots look like they were a college dorm project. A little money spent on proper lighting, modeling, tailoring to the models body shape (simply pinning at the rear works wonders) and photoshopping for backgrounds and color correction will make the products look a whole lot better. These are very expensive clothes, ($48.00 for a t-shirt, $120.00 for a hoodie) but don't look it as presented. Change the blurbs. Too many repeat from product to product.

When you select a size on the hoodies and jackets (prob. others too), the image disappears. Before cloning a product make SURE it works.

Add some excitement for the kids, and some eye-appeal for the grown-ups. You need to add material content (cotton, poly-blend) and care instructions. I know, kids just toss the stuff on the floor.
Optimists invent airplanes,
Pessimists buy parachutes.
blaclabelpremium
#3 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2008 1:54:55 PM(UTC)
blaclabelpremium

Originally Posted by: "MitchA" Go to Quoted Post
Please post the URL. You can add it to your profile, it'll light up the little house to the left.

Nice site because it works, is uncluttered, holds it's theme and is probably fine for the audience, but not my taste and very sterile. The target audience may seem a bit unsophisticated and this next comment may seem harsh, but most product shots look like they were a college dorm project. A little money spent on proper lighting, modeling, tailoring to the models body shape (simply pinning at the rear works wonders) and photoshopping for backgrounds and color correction will make the products look a whole lot better. These are very expensive clothes, ($48.00 for a t-shirt, $120.00 for a hoodie) but don't look it as presented. Change the blurbs. Too many repeat from product to product.

When you select a size on the hoodies and jackets (prob. others too), the image disappears. Before cloning a product make SURE it works.

Add some excitement for the kids, and some eye-appeal for the grown-ups. You need to add material content (cotton, poly-blend) and care instructions. I know, kids just toss the stuff on the floor.

Haha, Sorry, forgot to post the link.

I do not take any offense to what you said. I thank you! That is why I posted it on here to see what others think. Some of the images were taken by some of the designer, but now we have a full time photographer. Hopefully they will start to to get a lot better. What do you mean by change the blurbs?
MitchA
#4 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2008 3:29:59 PM(UTC)
MitchA

Blurbs... Product descriptions - text.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blurb

There are all the same or very similar. The product is basically the same and it'll be tough to say something new about 20+ T-shirts, but you can get the shopper more involved and wanting to own the product if the description offers something to study and think about. The site is the front window of your store. Your shoppers will give you 30 to 90 seconds to sell them something before leaving. The longer the 'dwell time', the better. The text area is prime real estate and while a distant second to the pictures in importance, provides you with the opportunity to tell about the specific product that they can't see and why they should want one.
Optimists invent airplanes,
Pessimists buy parachutes.