• Toll-free  888-665-8637
  • International  +1 717-220-0012
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Chris Dittmeier
#1 Posted : Friday, December 14, 2007 3:28:01 PM(UTC)
Chris Dittmeier

The site is at http://www.steno-solutions.com/, click on products for the BVC5 part. The theme was based on Cliff's TekGear Redux II to start. The site a SP3 with hotfixes up to I.

This is my wife's site and she is still working on the product line.
Chris
Sirius Programming

www.siriusprogramming.com
MitchA
#2 Posted : Friday, December 14, 2007 5:01:53 PM(UTC)
MitchA

I like the colors, very calm, professional.
Road to Success product page... is this an example of the new grid? Slick... haven't seen it til now, although the list is daunting. Maybe this could be broken into two sub-cats?

'Shipping policy' seems empty (like mine). With 9 - count them - 9 shipping choices I'd think a better shipping policy should be available. As time goes on and she picks up products that will be drop-shipped for her, some of these options will be unavailable to her. I drop ship for 12 sites and brick/mortars. I ONLY ship ground, no matter what someone else's website might offer/how many buttons they've got.

A CSS adjustment to the mini-cart (below - IE6):

I'd like to see 'home' button at the top of the left menu stack. Also, a sort of "welcome" to the store to indicate that I'm in a new area.

Very nice so far.
MitchA attached the following image(s):
Steno-1.jpg (13kb) downloaded 194 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
Optimists invent airplanes,
Pessimists buy parachutes.
MitchA
#3 Posted : Friday, December 14, 2007 5:12:14 PM(UTC)
MitchA

The text in the mini cart looks OK now. Dunno... IE6 strikes again.
Chris Dittmeier
#4 Posted : Friday, December 14, 2007 5:23:56 PM(UTC)
Chris Dittmeier

Thanks for the comments. My wife picked the colors.

Yes, that is the new grid on the RTSCDs. They have to all be in one grid to get the discount applied when you choose 5 of any of the items.

You might have caught me in mid-CSS tweaking when you saw the cart text misplaced. Didn't think I changed that part at all. I've been checking everything again in IE6 and Firefox 2. Still trying the make IE6 look similar to Firefox.

She doesn't drop ship, but I will work on the shipping policy text.

The Home link and the main site home link were put where they were requested. I'll see what can be done about the welcome text.

Update: The grid display was modified from the BVC5 look to the BVC2004 look.
Chris
Sirius Programming

[email protected]
#5 Posted : Friday, December 14, 2007 7:00:14 PM(UTC)
bobn@laurastamm.net

Your home button doesn't go home after you leave the home page. At least Store home doesn't. It goes to www.steno-solutions.com/stenosolutionsbvc5/. I don't know if this is by intent.

I would suggest moving the address and phone from the header to the bottom of the page or to the contact us page.

Also I pulled up one of your pdf's under your articles and tips section. The one I looked at was rather short. My personal opinion is pdf's should be avoided if possible. I doesn't take that much time to dump some html onto custom page, and you can add the images as well. I think it adds more continuity to the site, especially one that is as nicely designed as this one.

Bob Noble
MitchA
#6 Posted : Friday, December 14, 2007 7:25:00 PM(UTC)
MitchA

Chris, I assume she'll eventually carry items that she won't inventory and pick/pack/ship in-house. I meant that she will display items for sale that will be drop-shipped for her, not by her. Shipping methods available may change on a supplier-by-supplier basis and a few of the options offered on the site will likely not be available by each and every supplier/shipper.

Some small publishing houses, manufacturers, etc., may only ship once or twice/week to keep thier labor and costs down. Offering "Next Day" at a premium for an item not likely to be shipped until 3 days from now will result in a nasty phone call.

I ship once a week. I NEVER ship next day and my resellers know not to offer it.
[email protected]
#7 Posted : Friday, December 14, 2007 10:53:29 PM(UTC)
sales@rudystoys.com

Very nice, clean, inviting site.
The colors blend well,impressed.
Not sure what the left hand navigation,
fourth tier down is telling me..
Overall, well done site.
Dan @ Wolfe
#8 Posted : Saturday, December 15, 2007 6:47:58 AM(UTC)
Dan @ Wolfe

Looks good i like the colors and layout.

I'm having the same problem in the mini cart with IE6. How do you go about fixing it?

Thanks
Dan
Chris Dittmeier
#9 Posted : Saturday, December 15, 2007 8:10:40 AM(UTC)
Chris Dittmeier

Bob,

Your home button doesn't go home after you leave the home page. At least Store home doesn't. It goes to www.steno-solutions.com/stenosolutionsbvc5/. I don't know if this is by intent.

All the BVC5-based Home buttons take you back to the home page for the BVC5 store. The Steno Solutions Home button takes you back to the main site. The store is a subsite of the main one.

I would suggest moving the address and phone from the header to the bottom of the page or to the contact us page.

My wife designed the logo, so the address, etc is part of a large graphic image.

Also I pulled up one of your pdf's under your articles and tips section. The one I looked at was rather short. My personal opinion is pdf's should be avoided if possible. I doesn't take that much time to dump some html onto custom page, and you can add the images as well. I think it adds more continuity to the site, especially one that is as nicely designed as this one.

The PDF's are meant to be printed out.

Glad you liked the design.
Chris
Sirius Programming

Chris Dittmeier
#10 Posted : Saturday, December 15, 2007 8:12:50 AM(UTC)
Chris Dittmeier

Mitch,

I'll discuss the shipping options with my wife. She has stuff that does go out the day of the order.
Chris
Sirius Programming

Chris Dittmeier
#11 Posted : Saturday, December 15, 2007 8:16:46 AM(UTC)
Chris Dittmeier

Rudy,

Thanks for the compliments.

Are you referring to the CaseCATalyst training button from the main site? My wife teaches court reporters how to use their software they use for their job, which is from another company.
Chris
Sirius Programming

[email protected]
#12 Posted : Saturday, December 15, 2007 8:24:07 AM(UTC)
sales@rudystoys.com

Chris,
That's what I was referring to.
Thanks for explaining. Now I get it.
Chris Dittmeier
#13 Posted : Saturday, December 15, 2007 8:25:27 AM(UTC)
Chris Dittmeier

Dan,

The current CSS for the minicart, should be like the TekGear Redux II, except for the change I made in red.

/* MiniCart */
#minicart { background: transparent url(../images/MiniCartBG.jpg) no-repeat center center; text-align: left; padding: 3px 0; color: #8D540D; font-size: 85%; width: 196px; height: 47px; line-height: 1.1em; position: absolute; top: 135px; right: 10px; }
#minicart a { color: Black; text-decoration: none; font-size: 110%; line-height: 1em; font-weight: bold; display: block; padding: 10px 20px 0 35px; }
#minicart a:hover, body#CartPage #minicart a { color: Black; }
#minicart div { margin: 2px 20px 0 35px; }

I haven't seen the issue, like what Mitch pointed out and I typically use IE6 to browse.
Chris
Sirius Programming