• Toll-free  888-665-8637
  • International  +1 717-220-0012
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Heather
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2007 5:49:36 PM(UTC)
Heather

Hi All,

We've worked hard with the help of the resident CSS guru to get the site to a point where it's 100% functional. We'd like everyone's input, as critical as possible from the perspective of potential purchasers of promotional items. Are clients are almost entirely businesses and civic organizations so please keep that in mind. We'd like any and all feedback which you can either email to promomanagers (at) gmail (dot) com or post here.

Feel free to walk through the checkout process using the built in bv checkout. Paypal/google are live. Please give us an idea of where we can improve in making the end user comfortable.

We'll be adding the BBB icon in the next day.

We're considering hacker safe, but are uncertain it's a real help. We also realize the categories are still less than full and are adding continually to those.

www.promomanagers.com
MitchA
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2007 10:59:01 PM(UTC)
MitchA

Right off the bat, two ease-of-use issues, see below: (IE6)

Overall, I like the site.
MitchA attached the following image(s):
promo-1.jpg (68kb) downloaded 203 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
Optimists invent airplanes,
Pessimists buy parachutes.
Heather
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2007 11:12:03 PM(UTC)
Heather

Mitch can you check to see if the issue on the right is resolved? You may have to refresh to pull a new css file.

Thanks
Heather
#4 Posted : Thursday, December 13, 2007 9:28:44 AM(UTC)
Heather

As a thank you to all of you for checking it out, if you need anything you see on the site (or don't see, just ask we'll add it immediately) you can use BVC5 as a promo code for an additional 5% off.

Thanks
MitchA
#5 Posted : Thursday, December 13, 2007 9:30:22 AM(UTC)
MitchA

The info box is now to the side, that's fine now. The "Imprint location" drop down stilll cuts off the text. IE6

http://www.promomanagers...l-Sling-Bag-3001-80.aspx

Do you do the work in-house? My dad's had a silk screen shop for 54 years, and counting. Everything from T-shirts to F-16 XXXXpit dashboards.
<edit>... can't believe the automated edit "XXXX"... never seen that before! Now, if we could just get a simple version of sepll chech...
Optimists invent airplanes,
Pessimists buy parachutes.
Dan @ Wolfe
#6 Posted : Thursday, December 13, 2007 1:56:08 PM(UTC)
Dan @ Wolfe

I'm guessing your using the TekGear Redux? I like the look and what you have done to it.
I see some things that i'm going to try and incorporate into our site.

Are you doing the customization inhouse or who did you use?

I especially like the checkout page. I like how each section is labled and boxed to clearly define that step. I also like the cart review at the bottom of the checkout page. Again did you do that or who did you have do that. I would like to incorporate that into our site.
Dan
Heather
#7 Posted : Thursday, December 13, 2007 2:02:08 PM(UTC)
Heather

Hi Dan, a few of the things we did in house like the CSS popouts, but most was done by none other than Mr. Spence. The checkout page changes were our idea, we felt the existing structure really confused customers. Cliff implemented the design changes with one of our people.

Would all of you feel comfortable ordering from this site? Are there changes we should make? The site is live and doing well considering how limited the existing product base is. We're adding dozens a day but it will take months to fill out the catalog.

If you use Cliff keep in mind we have a 10% referral fee. :lol:
Dan @ Wolfe
#8 Posted : Thursday, December 13, 2007 2:28:11 PM(UTC)
Dan @ Wolfe

I just took a looked at your site in Firefox. I'm not seeing the the promotional items to the right of your logo (UPS free shiping, and the card with "1 day left, get up to $200). I''m just seeing a green box there. In IE6 i see those items just fine. I don't have IE7 so i can't say on that one.

Well i'm going to take a look at some of your ideas you have done and may try to mimic some of them, if you don't mind. I really like the look and flow of the checkout. I seemed more informed and less confused with the blocks being color and labled clearer.
I just may have to contact cliff about the checkout page, if i can't do it myself. I'm not in a hurry so often i can just play with it to get what i want, it just take longer.

I will have to keed you in mind when we need some things. I know i've been looking at getting some baseball caps made up, but i'm not sure i need the quantity you have as your minimum.
Dan
Heather
#9 Posted : Thursday, December 13, 2007 3:22:35 PM(UTC)
Heather

Dan, we'll take care of you. If you wanted to do less than what we have up there that's fine we'll work something out. We'll be adding a ton of hats soon, we're hitting the seasonal items first.

Fixed the Firefox issue, we messed up something last night, thanks for pointing it out.