• Toll-free  888-665-8637
  • International  +1 717-220-0012
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Jazzsingh
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 24, 2007 4:37:28 AM(UTC)
Jazzsingh

I have been working on this for some time... Its near completion

Please check http://www.officialticketcenter.com/default.aspx

Also please comment on if "Research Disney" category and sub-categories on left navigation helps ?
The idea was that going to Orlando and disney world for the first is overwhelming in terms of choices and what to do to users (including me).

So dividing up the Categories into 2 - one for the people ready to buy, and others doing research. They each take you to the others using columns features that Cliff used on Feature Content on top.

I am researching options on how to migrate this very well ranked and traffic site from coldfusion/html to BV - but not hurting the rankings.
I am putting a post on this in SEO section.
Jazz Singh
SEO, Ecommerce, BVSoftware Development, Database Development, SQL Scripts,

www.DesignMarketSEO.com

www.sequent-tech.com
MitchA
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 24, 2007 10:00:29 AM(UTC)
MitchA

First, I have to say my brain goes numb when facing so many choices. 7 days here, 3 parks there, base with hopping, child/adult....

The images of Donald, Mickey, etc., are nice but they are the same ones on everything Disney. Images could be tied to the specific product choices better. I know this would be a LOT of work, but people browse images before reading. The same Donald is used for the WDW Adult 10 day never expire pass as is also used for the WDW Adult 6 day Water Park pass. Therefore, the graphic serves little purpose unless Donald is used only for the adult stuff, Mickey for Boys, Minnie for girls, etc. That's not clear until this clicks and you kind of 'get it'.

Images of the dinner shows/tickets are good. I like the breadcrumbs at the top. I like the side menu structure. I'd like the link for special needs guests to be an icon (the blue wheelchair) on the upper nav bar and as text high on the left category stack. ADA friendly = in text on each page. The link should be to whatever Disney et al put on thier sites.

Errata: Have a look at the img below. Are the prices correct? 3 days/250.00... 4 days/221.00? You can make the black title bar more attractive. Need "image"? In IE6, the search results page sinks to the bottom of the screen. Seems OK in FF. The Hot Air Ballon page has the yellow "What do I do?" bar. "Wet and Wild" in the left manu locked up my IE6 browser.

Nice job. I know tickets/packages aren't easy to wrap your brain around. With just a bit of a learning curve, I figured out what I needed to.
MitchA attached the following image(s):
tickets-1.jpg (86kb) downloaded 181 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
Optimists invent airplanes,
Pessimists buy parachutes.
tmissey
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 4, 2007 4:42:42 PM(UTC)
tmissey

Well done!

Tickets are not any easy thing to sell with a catalog. I echo the idea of breadcrumbs. I always wanted them with my last platform but was to cheap to pay for them BV is included...nice. I did run into the following when I did an empty search and got the devide by zero error. That comes from the BVAdmin -> Options -> Search Results per page or Items per row I believe.

Alt Tags - Get a generic tag on them related to your site. Search engines do still look for them. I saw you had them on many of the images. Be sure they are on your main page.

Nice job on the FAQ. I still need to do mine...
Dilivery info, Order Policy, Site Map, Disabilities took me away from help and I wasn't finished getting help. I'm not sure this is possible as I am still new to BV.
Jazzsingh
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2008 2:33:53 PM(UTC)
Jazzsingh

[quote="Jazz Singh"]I have been working on this for some time... Its Live Now

Please check http://www.officialticketcenter.com/default.aspx

Some Custom programming:

Bulk Category Page - http://www.officialticketcenter...rlando-base-tickets.aspx
(Show 2 products per row with drop down & add to cart button on each row.

Custom affiliate reports - as their commissions vary per product.
Jazz Singh
SEO, Ecommerce, BVSoftware Development, Database Development, SQL Scripts,

www.DesignMarketSEO.com

www.sequent-tech.com