• Toll-free  888-665-8637
  • International  +1 717-220-0012
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

birdsafe
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 13, 2007 3:55:18 PM(UTC)
birdsafe

In setting up my store, I just noticed a cool feature with the Inventory tracking.

I get my supplies in on Monday, and of course Monday is also when I have a number of orders from the weekend -- maybe not a lot of orders compared to most, but by Monday afternoon I'm usually looking at 40 orders to fill, and so then a few of them will have backordered items.

So when I get my delivery Monday afternoon, I have to wade through the orders and figure out what is backordered so that when I update inventory, I subtract those from the count.

Well -- BV5 does that for me! It not only shows me a negative number for each backorder, but I don't have to do the math, I simply enter in the quantity I received and it takes care of the rest!

So this isn't a "success story" -- yet -- but it's something I wanted to post for others considering this software to see -- this is a BIG feature that I'm "addicted" to! :scool:
dotnetdiva
#2 Posted : Monday, June 18, 2007 1:10:32 PM(UTC)
dotnetdiva

Yes, I totally agree, this has been great! :)
Angela
Attached to Baby

http://www.attachedtobaby.com

"closer to your heart... do you don't miss a beat."

scott.mech
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 28, 2007 8:08:41 AM(UTC)
scott.mech

@Joe,
I do not understand what are you saying. Why would you be looking through orders to receive inventory?

I believe you are saying something like:

I have 4 in stock and sell 10, leaving me -6 in stock.
Then, I receive 20, and I have 14 in stock.

I do not see how tracking inventory is a big feature. I would think it should be expected.

Scott Mech
[email protected]
#4 Posted : Thursday, June 28, 2007 12:58:02 PM(UTC)
bobn@laurastamm.net

I don't think it's a matter of what should or should not be part of the software or its functionality. It's more along the line of what Features do you really like about the software, which is what this section of the forum is for.

I think he is saying he really finds the update inventory function easy to find, use and is a real time saver, and hence one of his favorite features in BV5. It's one of mine as well.

Feed back on what customers really like about your product is as important or more important then what they don't like, no matter what your business or product is. I think the biggest and most publicized mistake a company made along this line is when Coca Cola dropped their original receipt for one that tasted more like Pepsi. The public uproar made them bring it back in the form of Classic Coke.

Bob Noble