• Toll-free  888-665-8637
  • International  +1 717-220-0012
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Aaron
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 5, 2012 5:03:06 PM(UTC)
Aaron

United States

Was thanked: 163 time(s) in 158 post(s)
Many of you have been using our one-page checkout for some time with great success. Several months ago I posted a screen shot showing the new version. We finally finished it up and put it into production on a client website this week! I’m very excited to share the improvements with you and hope you will find it as indispensable as we do. Before I bore you with all of the improvements, take it for a test drive on the sites below:

http://www.roommatespeelandstick.com
http://www.modernbathroom.com

What’s New

* New design (see attached checkout.PNG screen shot) – includes checkout style sheet so you’re ready to go out-of-the-box with minimal work
    * Redesigned address book UI that’s slick and easy-to-use (see attached addressbook.PNG and addressbook_open.PNG screen shots)
    * Admin-editable help/instructional text for every step of the checkout process (shipping, billing, payment, gift certificate, coupon code, account creation, order summary)
    * Unified and consistent validation – this has been completely overhauled to provide consistent visual treatment that is easy to identify mistakes (see attached validation.PNG screen shot). Also, all validation is performed at one time rather than at different ‘stages’ so a customer can see everything they need to address the first time.
    * Required fields are classed so they can be styled differently – in our included style sheet they are bolded
    * Shipping rates are automatically retrieved after entering the 5th or 9th digit of the zip code (US-only) so users don't have to tab out of the field to get rates
    * The lowest-cost shipping method is automatically selected
    * Fixed BV bug where billing address fields were not being required in certain scenarios
    * Credit card icons are displayed for each card that is accepted. These icons are clickable (you can still use the dropdown) and the chosen card is indicated by graying out the others (see attached creditcards.PNG screen shot)
    * If payment methods are enabled in addition to credit cards, the credit card form is collapsed (to save vertical space and reduce clutter). When a customer selects the credit card radio button, the credit card form opens.
    * Product thumbnails are displayed in the order summary at the bottom of the checkout page (when the BV image option “Hide Images in Cart” is disabled)
    * Enable/disable account creation from checkout page (and if enabled, whether an account is required)
    * Enable/disable coupon code entry from checkout page
    * Enable/disable mailing list signup from checkout page (and if enabled you can specify which BV mailing list you wish to subscribe customers to)
    * Default billing and shipping addresses are set when an order is placed for users with an account (or just creating one) so the next time they checkout the billing and shipping addresses will automatically populate.
    * Orders placed without an account (anonymous orders) are automatically merged with a customer account containing a matching email address enabling. So, if a customer first placed an anonymous order and then later created an account and placed another order, they would see both orders in their order history. Alternately they could place their first order with an account and their second order without logging in and still see both orders in their order history.

Installation
This is a drop-in component that does not require any Core changes, recompiling, etc. BV 5.7.1. or above is required.

Pricing
$199 per site

Our original intent was to release this as a free plugin like the rest of our toolkit. However, due to the amount of design and development time that has been poured into this it just didn’t make sense for us to do that.

Email "info AT develisys DOT com" or call 1-866-674-4770 (ask for Aaron) for questions or to purchase.
Aaron attached the following image(s):
checkout.PNG (178kb) downloaded 141 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
Aaron Sherrick
BV Commerce
Toll-free 888-665-8637 - Int'l +1 717-220-0012
Marcus
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 5, 2012 8:17:26 PM(UTC)
Marcus

Nice work Aaron. Looks like a great item for stores using BV Commerce 5!
Aaron
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 5, 2012 9:38:41 PM(UTC)
Aaron

United States

Here's a screen shot of the admin page
Aaron attached the following image(s):
admin.PNG (49kb) downloaded 128 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
Aaron Sherrick
BV Commerce
bedek
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2012 6:20:53 PM(UTC)
bedek

We've been using the free Develisys tools for a while. Seeing the extra features in this modest price upgrade was an easy decision for us. We are pleased we did as we have seen a drop in dropped carts since we implemented this and that of course means closed sales. One assumption we have is that its new features like instant validation that have made the checkout process even simpler. Simpler is good as the customer is "never wrong" in their thinking that its not their fault that they type tings in wrongly. It just means that our checkout process was flawed if they have to go back and recheck everything. 1 error to check is OK, 2 and we are likely to loose them. Not any more.
Aaron
#5 Posted : Thursday, January 19, 2012 9:52:53 AM(UTC)
Aaron

United States

At the request of Bede we made a nice usability improvement: after entering the 5th or 9th digit of the zip code (US-only) the shipping rates are automatically retrieved without the user tabbing to another field. Bede suggested this because his customer service people would often get calls from customers who never moved their cursor from the zip code field and therefore never got shipping rates.
Aaron Sherrick
BV Commerce
GAlton
#6 Posted : Saturday, June 30, 2012 12:03:25 PM(UTC)
GAlton

Aaron, I am loving the new Checkout! Such a night-and-day difference from the OTB version I was using. Thanks for the excellent work in designing this and answering my questions to get it going.

Tom

Kataaro
Aaron
#7 Posted : Monday, July 2, 2012 8:07:10 AM(UTC)
Aaron

United States

Originally Posted by: "GregA" Go to Quoted Post
Aaron, I am loving the new Checkout! Such a night-and-day difference from the OTB version I was using. Thanks for the excellent work in designing this and answering my questions to get it going.

Thanks, Tom! I'm glad to hear that it's working so well for you.
Aaron Sherrick
BV Commerce
dan @ HYAS
#8 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2013 5:22:02 PM(UTC)
dan @ HYAS

United States

Aaron:

Is this still available? if so, is the cost listed here still correct?

Will this be part of the new BV2013 that you have in the works?
Aaron
#9 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2013 7:40:50 PM(UTC)
Aaron

United States

Originally Posted by: dan @ HYAS Go to Quoted Post
Will this be part of the new BV2013 that you have in the works?

Yes! We will not be selling any more license of this add-on since it will be included in the 2013 release.
Aaron Sherrick
BV Commerce
dan @ HYAS
#10 Posted : Thursday, February 7, 2013 5:44:59 PM(UTC)
dan @ HYAS

United States

If i install your Checkout page V1.0 will i have any trouble upgrading down the road to 2013?

Of is it possible to get a copy of V2.0 since your not selling it anymore is it available?

Thanks
Aaron
#11 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2013 9:24:02 AM(UTC)
Aaron

United States

You can use our original one-page checkout (that's part of our free toolkit) without any problems. Upgrading to the new version should not be a problem.
Aaron Sherrick
BV Commerce