• Toll-free  888-665-8637
  • International  +1 717-220-0012
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Slagman42
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 27, 2010 6:49:26 AM(UTC)
Slagman42

We have many customers that send faxes with a list of items that they need us to submit a bid on. We would like to utilize our web store to not only make it easier for the customer to prepare their bid request but also make it easier for us to import it into QB as a quote and price it. It seems there is not far to go because there is already a wish list option. It would be nice if a customer that needed a bid could just come to our site and select items for their bid instead of their cart and submit their bid instead of their order. If anyone knows of anything, please let me know.
Aaron
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 27, 2010 11:51:47 AM(UTC)
Aaron

United States

Was thanked: 163 time(s) in 158 post(s)
We've made customizations along these lines but haven't taken it all the way to import into QB. Basically you can flag a product as 'quotable'. Then when a user adds the item to their cart, they can no longer enter the checkout process, just the quote process. The benefit to this dual-purpose approach is that it lets you mix and match purchasable and quotable items onto a single quote. On the backend the quote is stored as an 'order' with a quote status. It can later be turned into a regular order.

Here's two sites you can view to see it in action:

KD Analytical
Essential Party Rentals
Aaron Sherrick
BV Commerce
Toll-free 888-665-8637 - Int'l +1 717-220-0012
Slagman42
#3 Posted : Saturday, February 27, 2010 4:40:27 PM(UTC)
Slagman42

Thanks Aaron. Do you think what we are looking for is possible? The site is essentially already doing it in a way. We currently have customers that want a bid and simply go in and create an order, submit the order with a note that says "please bid". I would just like to basically have the site switch to a bid mode when someone clicks on a link that says "Bid Builder" and they can add items to thier cart just like they were placing an order. When they are done they hit "submit bid" instead of "place order" and it goes into a different storage area for a later import into QB into a quote form instead of a sales order. If you want to take a quick look at our site to get an idea the link is www.shorelinesms.com . Thanks again for your input.
Aaron
#4 Posted : Saturday, February 27, 2010 4:55:37 PM(UTC)
Aaron

United States

Was thanked: 163 time(s) in 158 post(s)
What you've describes sounds pretty much like the two example sites in my post. The only additional part is the QB integration. I would think it's doable, but I do not have any experience with QB integration. I believe that BV now provides the source code for their QB order export software, so this could probably be modified to pull down the quotes.
Aaron Sherrick
BV Commerce
Toll-free 888-665-8637 - Int'l +1 717-220-0012