• Toll-free  888-665-8637
  • International  +1 717-220-0012
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

SStorhaug
#1 Posted : Friday, November 6, 2009 2:44:40 PM(UTC)
SStorhaug

Hello,

I have been looking at BVC for several years and finally got a copy for our new store. Some time ago I ran across an add-in (if I remember correctly) that allowed the user to select a different shipping option (i.e. free, UPS ground, Next Day Air, etc) for each item separately during the checkout process the same way Amazon.com does. In other words, one item could be shipped next day, and another free without making a separate order.

I searched this forum and Google, but can no longer seem to find this add-in. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance
Andy Miller
#2 Posted : Friday, November 6, 2009 7:40:39 PM(UTC)
Andy Miller

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I have not seen an add-on like that for BV. Of course anything is possible with enough custom code.
Andy Miller
Structured Solutions

Shipper 3 - High Velocity Shipment Processing
SStorhaug
#3 Posted : Saturday, November 7, 2009 9:06:20 AM(UTC)
SStorhaug

Andy,

I did another Google search and found what I was looking for on YOUR website....

http://structured-solutions.net/ShippingProvidersAmazonSample

I had this screenshot in my head an must have assumed that they are on a per-item basis just like Amazon.

I read the installation intructions and it says to copy it over 3 of the directories, overwriting the contents. Does this mean there are modifications to the code, or are there only new files to copy and your instructions are to ensure they go in the right places?

Thanks in advance
Andy Miller
#4 Posted : Saturday, November 7, 2009 10:05:26 AM(UTC)
Andy Miller

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: "dotNet guy" Go to Quoted Post

I read the installation intructions and it says to copy it over 3 of the directories, overwriting the contents. Does this mean there are modifications to the code, or are there only new files to copy and your instructions are to ensure they go in the right places?

Thanks in advance

The latter. The first time you copy them over, no files should be overwritten. They are all new files in existing folders. The only existing file that gets modified (later, after the files are copied) is App_Code\TaskLoader.Custom.vb which is used to load the new providers into memory.
Andy Miller
Structured Solutions

Shipper 3 - High Velocity Shipment Processing
Mark H
#5 Posted : Sunday, November 8, 2009 12:36:14 PM(UTC)
Mark H

FYI, Andy's plugin is great. Very complicated to set up, but very robust and can do things that no other software can. Highly recommended.

We use it for an 'amazon' style shipping as shown in Andy's tutorial, and it works great. We also use it to restrict shipping options for perishable items requiring expedited service.