• Toll-free  888-665-8637
  • International  +1 717-220-0012
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Sonia Dunn
#1 Posted : Friday, June 6, 2008 1:49:00 PM(UTC)
Sonia Dunn

Do you know if this add-on is just available for BVC 2004 or is it also working with BVC 5 ??

Also any feedback on this add on ??

Thanks for your help and answer !

Sonia
Marcus
#2 Posted : Sunday, June 8, 2008 11:57:48 AM(UTC)
Marcus

BVC Solutions would be the best people to answer this question.
Sonia Dunn
#3 Posted : Sunday, June 8, 2008 2:19:24 PM(UTC)
Sonia Dunn

I know but I sent already two e-mails to them and unfortunately no answer from them at all !! Are they still around ??
bvuser
#4 Posted : Sunday, June 8, 2008 4:44:04 PM(UTC)
bvuser

Hi,

As BVC Solutions web site specifically indicates that some existing dlls need to be replaced and that it is designed for 2004.7, I highly doubt the solution is compatible with BVC5.

We have been considering developing an add-on to the BVC5 system for about a year now for a loyalty points solutions, however, the numerous possible different implemention methods that could be chosen make it difficult to make a general release module. One major issue/potential obstacle is a decision between the integration with the store itself, versus the ability to seemlessly upgrade from 1 version of BVC5 to the next without any issues. As an example BVC Solutions decided to integrate it into the old bvc2004 core, meaning a custom core needed to made for each bvc2004 build. An advantage to that design is that it can easily and more tightly be integrated into the shopping cart.

There are implementation designs that we have come up with that would allow seamless core updates as no modifications to the core would be needed. There would be some minimal "hacking" (using certain features of the bvc5 core in a manner properly not originally intended) for the UI to setup the solution. The disadvantage here is that certain setting elements for the solution may appear a bit out of place despite being just as functional as if it had been more tightly integrated into the core.

I am open to comments from the community on what their preferred integration method would be as well as some feature suggestions. If there is enough interest, we may develop this as an add-on to SP4.

Netriplex Corporation

Custom Bvc5 Development - "Helping to Build Your Store, Your Way"

Check out our "Tax in Product Pricing" module

http://bvc5demo.netriplexboston.com
Netriplex Corporation<br />
Sonia Dunn
#5 Posted : Sunday, June 8, 2008 5:09:14 PM(UTC)
Sonia Dunn

Thanks so much for the answer !

In fact I was very interested in this software but I am still running on BVC 2004 and not sure if I will switch one day to BVC 5 ?? I don't obviously want to waste my money particularly if it can't be used with BVC 5 afterwards !!

If I move my store from BVC 2004 to BVC 5, I suppose that there will be a few additional expenses like redesigning my theme, etc... ?

Anyway thanks again for your answer ; I really appreciate it !
bvuser
#6 Posted : Sunday, June 8, 2008 5:31:10 PM(UTC)
bvuser

Yes moving from bvc2004 to bvc5 is a bit of a major task. The theme would need to be redesigned, you would need to pay for the software upgrade itself, and the migration of the store doesn't always go 100% perfect so you may have to fiddle around with some product/categories etc. Nonetheless, the additional flexibility of the bvc5 system may make it worth it in the long run.

Netriplex Corporation

Custom Bvc5 Development - "Helping to Build Your Store, Your Way"

Check out our "Tax in Product Pricing" module

http://bvc5demo.netriplexboston.com
Netriplex Corporation<br />
bvcoder
#7 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 5:15:08 AM(UTC)
bvcoder

I have come up with the Loyalty Points program for BV5. Its an exact replica of the Loyalty Points for BVC 2004 developed by Antony from BVC Solutions. Let me know if anyone is interested. You can send me an email at "support at the rate bayquel dot com"
Thanks,
Satya
support @ bayquel.net
Work: +1 803 883 3226
bvcoder
#8 Posted : Saturday, August 30, 2008 12:10:16 AM(UTC)
bvcoder

Forgot to attach the document which talks about the loyalty points feature for BV5. It is attached in this post. Please let me know if any one is interested.
File Attachment(s):
Loyalty Points.pdf (195kb) downloaded 195 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
Thanks,
Satya
support @ bayquel.net
Work: +1 803 883 3226