• Toll-free  888-665-8637
  • International  +1 717-220-0012
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Avecom
#1 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2007 12:18:22 PM(UTC)
Avecom

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

SmartView for BVC5 is Now Available

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p>http://bvc5smartview.avecomgroup.com/</U></A>

www.avecomgroup.com</U></A>

<o:p>[3] [/3]</o:p>

[3]Thank you,[/3]

[3]<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:country-region w:st="on">Aram</st1:country-region></st1:place> Avetissian[/3]

[3]Avecom, LTD[/3]

[3]www.avecomgroup.com[/3]
[email protected]
#2 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2007 2:22:12 PM(UTC)
bobn@laurastamm.net

Looks Great.

Your pictures cut into the first Char of the Item and Sku Text on the right side on Firefox (latest version). I didn't look at it on IE.

1. Can this be fixed by making the original Photo a tad smaller?
2. Have you tested this or is this on a SP2 updated site?
3. Does this only work on a product page or can I stick this into the middle of a Custom Content page? If not a custom page how about Category Page with out assigning products to it? We can put our content into a Category page if needed. We have a lot of free Skating Tips on our site. I think this would look really cool and be a great benefit to our users.
4. I'm assuming this will work on Cliff's TekGear Redux theme with out major modifications?

Bob Noble
dotnetdiva
#3 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2007 11:13:09 PM(UTC)
dotnetdiva

Oh, here's a sample page on my site:
http://store.attachedtob...y-Wrap-Baby-Carrier.aspx
Angela
Attached to Baby

http://www.attachedtobaby.com

"closer to your heart... do you don't miss a beat."

dotnetdiva
#4 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2007 11:13:15 PM(UTC)
dotnetdiva

I just put up the Demo version on my Live BVC5 SP2 site. I love it!

I already bought a license, I'm just waiting to officially get the license so that it no longer says "DEMO". :)
Angela
Attached to Baby

Avecom
#5 Posted : Sunday, April 22, 2007 11:46:56 AM(UTC)
Avecom

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Verdana','sans-serif'; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'">Bob,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Verdana','sans-serif'; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'"> <o:p></o:p>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Verdana','sans-serif'; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'">Thank you for your comments.<o:p></o:p>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Verdana','sans-serif'; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'"> <o:p></o:p>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Verdana','sans-serif'; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'">1. The Firefox issue has been fixed. There is no need to change image sizes. Just a little more padding in CSS.<o:p></o:p>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Verdana','sans-serif'; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'">2. SmartView for BVC5 has been tested and works great with SP2.<o:p></o:p>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Verdana','sans-serif'; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'">3. After your questions, we've added an option to insert control on other pages then product page.<o:p></o:p>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Verdana','sans-serif'; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'">4. SmartView will work with any theme and modifications.<o:p></o:p>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Verdana','sans-serif'; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'"><o:p> </o:p>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Verdana','sans-serif'; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'">Please let me know if you have any other questions. <o:p></o:p>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Verdana','sans-serif'; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'">Aram Avetissian<o:p></o:p>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Verdana','sans-serif'; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'">Avecom LTD<o:p></o:p>
dotnetdiva
#6 Posted : Sunday, April 22, 2007 12:45:07 PM(UTC)
dotnetdiva

Aram,
I have it working on my site and it's just what I needed.

A few things:

1. I lose the dynamic ability to show the print when the customer chooses it from the drop-down list. So they don't know what the print looks like. Should I keep the old image display up as well?
2. Or, is there anyway to display the caption below the photo so the customer knows what the photo is?
Angela
Attached to Baby

Avecom
#7 Posted : Monday, April 23, 2007 7:11:38 PM(UTC)
Avecom

Angela,

Since we talked on the phone I am not posting a reply.

Thank you,

Aram
MitchA
#8 Posted : Sunday, April 29, 2007 6:13:51 PM(UTC)
MitchA

I have been building products for hours. Not a hitch. Finally, a pro-level add-on that really works as described.
Optimists invent airplanes,
Pessimists buy parachutes.
memikhail
#9 Posted : Friday, May 25, 2007 10:56:16 PM(UTC)
memikhail

[3]I am thinking about purchasing the Smart View BV5 for my store and was wondering if that process makes a Product Detail page slower to load?[/3]
MitchA
#10 Posted : Sunday, May 27, 2007 10:09:52 AM(UTC)
MitchA

Michael,

Not in my case. The page and main image loads first as usual, anything else comes along in the background while the shopper is browsing the info on the screen. The thumbs pop up as the page loads, I've seen zero lag in swapping the larger images on mouseover.
Dan @ Wolfe
#11 Posted : Saturday, October 20, 2007 5:05:39 PM(UTC)
Dan @ Wolfe

I'm in the process of getting my layout finished up. So i went ahead and installed, so i could get the layout right with this, as we are going to use it.

I currently have a test product with a small image, a large image and 2 additional images.
But, i'm having an issue. When i first load the product page, the large image is displayed with 2 thumbnails for the 2 additional images. There is not a thumbnail for the original image. So if you mouse over either of the additional images you loose the ability to see the original image.

I'm currently working locally so i can't post a link for anyone so see.

Did i miss something in the setup or settings?

Thanks
Dan
MitchA
#12 Posted : Sunday, October 21, 2007 9:00:02 AM(UTC)
MitchA

That is odd. I've not had this happen. I'd send an email...
blueacorn
#13 Posted : Thursday, May 1, 2008 10:05:45 AM(UTC)
blueacorn

What is the recommended image size for the zoomable images?
HPros
#14 Posted : Thursday, May 1, 2008 12:34:33 PM(UTC)
HPros

Has anyone gotten ahold of a version that uses Alt Tags? This was supposed to be out in Q1, emails go unanswered.
Aaron
#15 Posted : Thursday, May 1, 2008 10:43:31 PM(UTC)
Aaron

United States

Was thanked: 163 time(s) in 158 post(s)
Blue,
You can use any size image you want. The larger the image the more you can zoom in.

HPros,
I've had trouble communicating with Aram via email. His SPAM filter seems a little overaggressive. The last time we talked he mentioned the alt tags, though the latest version we used didn't implement the BV alt tags.

Aaron
Aaron Sherrick
BV Commerce
Toll-free 888-665-8637 - Int'l +1 717-220-0012
HPros
#16 Posted : Saturday, May 3, 2008 1:08:32 PM(UTC)
HPros

I find it hard to believe it's the spam filter as we've tried gmail, yahoo and regular business emails with no answer.

Hopefully these features can be rolled into BV6 by Marcus.
blueacorn
#17 Posted : Wednesday, May 7, 2008 11:28:42 PM(UTC)
blueacorn

Ok, any general guidelines? Is 1000px good - what do the rest of you use and find to be a good combination of zoomability and file size? What's the minimum someone should use?
MitchA
#18 Posted : Thursday, May 8, 2008 6:49:13 AM(UTC)
MitchA

I find a 'zoom' window that you can slide around on an image to be a gimmic, usually too pixilated, and not very informative... unless you're selling something that has a feature that needs a close-up look like the face of a watch. So to get around the gimmic factor, I post an add'l image that shows more details. That's what the extra images are for, isn't it? My standard image size is 300 - 350px wide. Plenty big enough for most people to see what they need to see. Close-ups and details are handled with add'l images still at 350px max.
HPros
#19 Posted : Monday, May 12, 2008 5:17:30 PM(UTC)
HPros

Most of our images are 800x800 or even 900x900 making the plugin very useful and the zoom feature a must. Customers love it and are accustomed to it on many other sites.

It also reduces the number of clicks a customer must make which is almost always a good thing. Rather than having to view every additional image they can view the one they want in one click.

PromoManagers
promo items