• Toll-free  888-665-8637
  • International  +1 717-220-0012
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Omer
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 3, 2009 3:55:28 PM(UTC)
Omer

Shipping
1- Customers should be able to calculate shipping rates on the product pages by entering their zip codes. Quantity option should also be included within the shipping rate. Once customers select quantity and shipping type, they should be able to see the exact charge from UPS, FEDEX etc..., then customers can add products to the cart, see how much exactly they will be charged and place the order. I believe this would increase the sales dramatically. One of my business partners' sales went up 300% in 3 months after adding that feature.
2- Each product should be enabled for different shipping types. For example; some products can be overnighted while some of them can only be sent ground, 3 day select... etc. Or some of the products can be enabled for free shipping, shipping discounts... So this would give the store owner to come up with different promotions for single products without affecting other products.

Member Account Options
1- Members should be able to email Wish Lists to others.
2- Address Book should have an option to add Birthday or Anniversary dates.
3- Registry has to be added. I can understand if it is an add-on and probably there would be an additional charge.
4- Also a reminder can be an add-on for members.
5- There should be a contact option where users can just send messages to the customer service.

Category Edit
Store owners should be able to create different left - columns for each category and that should be enabled right on the category page. In current BV5, a different category template needs to be created with a different column name other than 'System Category Page'. Then you can have different columns other than the general system category column. Every category has different promotions, set of special links, popular products and so on. So by enabling different column option on category edit page, store owners would be able to customize every category according to their needs. For example: I will add over 40 categories with subs within the next 2 months and I will have to create different category templates with different column names. If I had that option, then I would just customize the left column on the category page and move on. I think this can be easily done by adding a column name entry on category page and this would change the column name 'system Category Page' for that category.

Content Blocks / Category Menu
1- Store owners should be able to choose which categories or sub categories to show up.
2- Option to add product links under categories with thumbnails. For example; lets say I select Flowers > Roses. There are 20 products under Roses. User clink on a product link to see product details. If that option is available with thumbnails, then store owner can choose to display the thumbnails of the products on the left and users can navigate through all products under a category without going back and forth. This is very different than suggested products.

Thats all I remember now.
MitchA
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 3, 2009 8:01:10 PM(UTC)
MitchA

Omer, some good suggestions. I like the category-specific left columns idea. But, I find it easy enough to add a bit of pre-content html when I need to get a category-specific message to the shopper - for now.

I will say that your shipping #1 point can be incredibly misleading if shipping is shown on the product's page (and I can't imagine the sitting through the lag-time while getting quotes on an individual product basis). It's done in the cart because many times products can be combined in a box and ship for free. A small pen/pencil set shipped alone might show a $7.00 shipping charge. Combined with a large desk calculator shipping for $25.00, the pen will cost nothing to ship if combined. If shown on the product's page you'd get $32.00 ($7.00 + $25.00). There's really no point in allowing shoppers to do math that may be in error.

I am often able to combine 2 or 3 items that would each ship for $35.00 into one box for just a little more $. Seeing shipping at $35.00 on each product page would be hard to look at. Also, this by-passes "Free shipping on orders over $xx.xx". The only way to accurately get this total is on the cart page - that's one reason why shoppers stop there on the way to the checkout page.

Search the forum, you'll see that shipping is discussed here more than any other topic.

Shipping #2 is a great one. Andy's Shipping Rules add-on might be of help here, IIRC.

The 'members account' stuff is pretty specific and probably limited in appeal, likely add-on fodder for someone other than BVC.

Our goal is to make BVC6 as bullet proof and state of the art as possible. Keep posting.
Optimists invent airplanes,
Pessimists buy parachutes.
Omer
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 4, 2009 6:24:09 PM(UTC)
Omer

Member Account part is very important to me. I would love BV to release add-ons for registry, registry, reminders and so on. Custom programming costs a lot. BV competitors have all those features as add-ons with reasonable prices.

I think I will have to agree with you on Shipping #1 but #2 is a must have feature. That feature can be extended to have more specific offers. So store owners can create promotions right on the product edit page for one product without affecting any other.

Category Menu under Content Blocks needs serious improvements.
Andy Miller
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 4, 2009 7:53:24 PM(UTC)
Andy Miller

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: "Omer" Go to Quoted Post
Member Account part is very important to me. I would love BV to release add-ons for registry, registry, reminders and so on. Custom programming costs a lot. BV competitors have all those features as add-ons with reasonable prices.

Can you point to 2 or 3 live examples of what you are looking for? What is a reasonable price?
Andy Miller
Structured Solutions

Shipper 3 - High Velocity Shipment Processing
Omer
#5 Posted : Friday, February 6, 2009 10:15:18 AM(UTC)
Omer

crateandbarrel.com has solid member account options. Create a free account and you will be able to see.

They have registry, reminder, wish list and address book. There are many others available. I just show them as an example because theirs are very basic and covers what I want.

Reasonable price... I think if registry and reminder service comes with an additional cost to BV, it will be much cheaper than the custom development. BV competitors have those options available when buying the software. BV can do the same.
Omer
#6 Posted : Sunday, February 8, 2009 2:35:15 PM(UTC)
Omer

Andy,
I looked at your website. Have you thought about creating Gift Registry and Reminder in addition to what you already have?
Andy Miller
#7 Posted : Sunday, February 8, 2009 9:52:13 PM(UTC)
Andy Miller

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: "Omer" Go to Quoted Post

Have you thought about creating Gift Registry and Reminder in addition to what you already have?

Sure. But I don't think the numbers work out. If you fund the development, I will create an add-on package that you could sell. I will even sell the product on my website on consignment for you, if you don't want to create an "add-ons" store.
Andy Miller
Structured Solutions

Shipper 3 - High Velocity Shipment Processing
Omer
#8 Posted : Monday, February 9, 2009 12:34:23 PM(UTC)
Omer

I can look at it. Send me an email with your proposal: [email protected]
Customizer
#9 Posted : Monday, April 27, 2009 10:56:55 AM(UTC)
Customizer

Right now we are about finishing the gift registry add-on for BV. Tomorrow will try to show what we have.
http://www.software-development-innovations.com - affordable web customization and development service