• Toll-free  888-665-8637
  • International  +1 717-220-0012
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

brianb722
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 11, 2006 11:10:31 AM(UTC)
brianb722

After setting up a product with various size/color combinations, editing a product's details becomes incredibly cumbersome. As far as I can tell if I want to change the product's description or name or images I can no longer do so through "General Options." If I want to change the description I now have to change it not only under general options but also 30 times under the "Product Combinations Edit". Not very user friendly at all.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?
CodeSine
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 11, 2006 12:37:45 PM(UTC)
CodeSine

You can change the "base" products general description, images, etc. and it will update the product but this doesn't propogate down to the customer choices. I guess this can be good or bad because product choicses that use Product Combnations are design to be seperate prodcuts and you may want a different description or image to appear when a paticular choice is made

I would say that this is 50/50. It needs an admin selectable option to have base product edits propogate to the choice or maybe even better a button or check box next to each product choice on the product combinations edit page that will do something like "Inherit Base Product Details" or "Copy Base Product Details to Choice".
TIM

BVC Add-Ons and Development