• Toll-free  888-665-8637
  • International  +1 717-220-0012
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

GG
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 28, 2006 7:28:36 AM(UTC)
GG

I am getting the following error after installing the BV 5.0 Demo locally. I also installed SQL Express, but I am not sure everything is configured properly. Where do I start???

<H1>Server Error in '/sfa' Application.
<HR width="100%" color=silver SIZE=1>
</H1>
<H2>Cannot find table 0. </H2>[color=#ffffcc>

[tr ][td ]<CODE>The]1. Add a "Debug=true" directive at the top of the file that generated the error. Example:

&lt;%@ Page Language="C#" Debug="true" %&gt;

or:

2) Add the following section to the configuration file of your application:

&lt;configuration&gt;
&lt;system.web&gt;
&lt;compilation debug="true"/&gt;
&lt;/system.web&gt;
&lt;/configuration&gt;

Note that this second technique will cause all files within a given application to be compiled in debug mode. The first technique will cause only that particular file to be compiled in debug mode.

Important: Running applications in debug mode does incur a memory/performance overhead. You should make sure that an application has debugging disabled before deploying into production scenario.[/code] [/td][/tr]</TABLE>
[1]
<B>Version Information:[/1]
Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.42
bosseman
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 28, 2006 7:59:11 AM(UTC)
bosseman

I had this same type of error and traced it down to the connection string. I was using Windows Authentication and the account that was attempting to connect to the DB did not have access.

I created a SQL server user login/password and then everything worked. Not sure if this is ideal however because my DB password is stored in the web.config file.

The other option is to create a SQL server login for the Windows domain account and give that account permission to the DB. This is tricky as well as the account that attempts to connect to the DB depends on multiple factors like - IIS settings and your web.config file.

Hope this helps,

Jim