• Toll-free  888-665-8637
  • International  +1 717-220-0012
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Dean
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 16, 2006 5:34:48 PM(UTC)
Dean

Code:

Invalid Object Name 'sys.foreign_keys'

I always hate to post here, because I everyone seems so much more technically advanced than me, but here it goes. Hopefully this is a simple fix for someone out there.

I installed the site manager directly on the sever and I am installing the store in a site sub-folder. When I start to create the site, I get an error right off of the bat trying to create tables in the database... I hope this is a simple issue. I get this error, and then everything comes to a halt.
Dean
#2 Posted : Saturday, September 16, 2006 6:55:08 PM(UTC)
Dean

I think I should add that I am using a shared DB server... so I don't have direct access to the DB server configuration. If this turns out to be a permissions issue, I will have to contact my host.

I am using the local network path to connect to the shared DB server (or at leat I think I am). I have SQLexpress on the dedicated server, but I have not tried to use the local database, because I don't plan on using it for the actual store.
Chris Dittmeier
#3 Posted : Saturday, September 16, 2006 8:19:17 PM(UTC)
Chris Dittmeier

Looks like a SQL error, but I can only assume it has something to do with permissions, from your description of the setup. My guess is a table is being modified/created and it isn't happening. The account you are using to access the SQL server is usually the database owner.
Chris
Sirius Programming

www.siriusprogramming.com
Dean
#4 Posted : Saturday, September 16, 2006 8:23:13 PM(UTC)
Dean

Thanks for responding Chris. I have to work on this stuff evenings and weekends, because it is too hectic at the office for me to work during the day. My host has informed me that they have my DB user set as DBO, which should give me full permission. I am not an expert in this area, so I can only assume that this should work.
Dean
#5 Posted : Sunday, September 17, 2006 8:47:16 AM(UTC)
Dean

I knew I would regret airing my dirty laundry in public... :confused: ...anyway, the problem turned out to be simple... I forgot to tell the hosting company that this had to be 2005 sql server... so when they set up the database for me, they set it up on the same server that my BVC2004 stores is running on.... and I didn't even think about it, even though I did know we had to have a 2005 sql server. My brain is dead sometimes.

One problem solved... I now have other issues... but haven't had time to see what they are.

Thanks!!