• Toll-free  888-665-8637
  • International  +1 717-220-0012
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

JonAraca
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 23, 2008 1:52:56 PM(UTC)
JonAraca

Hey everyone,

I am new to BVC5 and will appreciate any help regarding this question. I am at a point where I need to create master pages specific to each category. So lets say if the user selects the "Apparels" from the menu, the "Apparels" button on the menu will have another image assigned to it. This way, the user will know which category s/he is looking at. The idea is similar to a horizontal tabbed menu but different in the sense that some parts of these images will be on top of the other components of the site.

My question is, is there a way we can specify which master page, say the "Apparel" category will use?

Thanks,
Jon
Can Agaoglu
The Araca Group
BMFResposio
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 6, 2008 10:43:33 AM(UTC)
BMFResposio

Hello Jon,

Yes you can specify whatever master page you would like to within the category template that you are using. If you needed to have different templates for each category simply copy the template you would like to use, paste it into the CategoryTemplate folder, rename the new template folder to whatever you would like. At this point create your master page's and assign the new master page within your newly create category template. See the example below.

<%@ Page Language="VB" MasterPageFile="~/BVModules/Themes/MyTheme/Newpage.master" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="Category.aspx.vb" Inherits="BVModules_CategoryTemplates_NewGrid_Category"
Title="Category" %>

Now, if you need to use a different menu simply copy your column control that you want to use, rename it and then update your column control to point to your specific menu. See example below.

<uc1:ContentColumnControl ID="ContentColumnControl1" runat="server" ColumnName="System NewMenu Page" />

If you have any questions let me know,