• Toll-free  888-665-8637
  • International  +1 717-220-0012
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

drodriguez
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 16, 2008 4:50:30 PM(UTC)
drodriguez

Although I have set the BV site to use a custom Theme in the web administration area, all of the root documents in my site were still set to use the default BVC5 template.

Code:
<%@ Page MasterPageFile=[b]"~/BVModules/Themes/bvc5/Default.master"[/b]
Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false" ...

I manually changed them all to reference the new theme directory, however, every single root level ASPX page changes its Master Page on run time.

Code:
Private Sub Page_PreInit(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.PreInit
Me.MasterPageFile = PersonalizationServices.GetSafeMasterPage("MyAccount.master")

If SessionManager.IsUserAuthenticated = False Then
Response.Redirect("login.aspx?ReturnURL=" & Server.UrlEncode("MyAccount_AddressBook.aspx"))
End If

End Sub

I can't figure it out. Why is BVC5 being loaded as the default master if I have made the appropriate changes from the administration of the site?

Here's the final page source that renders...

Code:
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head id="ctl00_Head1"><title>
    Order History
</title><link id="ctl00_Link1" href="[b]BVModules/Themes/Bvc5/styles.css[/b]" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
<meta id="ctl00_MetaKeywords" name="Keywords" content="Store Meta Keywords" />
<meta id="ctl00_MetaDescription" name="Description" content="Store Meta Description" />
<meta name="Expires" content="0" /><meta name="Cache-Control" content="no-store" />
<meta name="Pragma" content="no-cache" /></head>
<body>
David Rodriguez
Infinet Development, Inc.
[email protected]
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 16, 2008 6:44:43 PM(UTC)
gdelorey@mitcs.com

Hey D-ROD -

I don't think that is what is happening. Although you updated the master page location to your theme for each of the master pages, you still need to open each master page and remove/and or update the css specification that you posted. When you open up a master page, you will see the line below:

Code:
<link id="ctl00_Link1" href="BVModules/Themes/Bvc5/styles.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

I just went through this yesterday in a new site that I set up. I copied all of the master pages to my new theme directory, updated the MasterPageFile path, and then removed that css link in each of the master pages since I specify a single CSS file in my header control.

Hope this helps,

: Greg
drodriguez
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 17, 2008 8:13:19 AM(UTC)
drodriguez

Thanks for responding Gdelorey, but I have done a textual search & replace of all instances of "BVModules/Themes/Bvc5/styles.css" that occur on the ASPX page definition, such as follows:
Code:
<%@ Page Language="VB"
MasterPageFile="~/BVModules/Themes/CustomTheme/Service.master"
AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="AffiliateSignup.aspx.vb"
Inherits="AffiliateSignup"
title="Affiliate Signup" %>

I did a complete textual search for any instance of
Code:
href="BVModules/Themes/Bvc5/styles.css"
and came up empty handed. Are you sure you aren't looking at your generated page source there? "id="ctl00_Link1"" is code the server generates when it renders the page. On the ASPX page itself, that ID would read "Link1".

[3]The Problem:[/3]
Even changing the ASPX header fields or commenting out the code that generates a Master Page on the pages Pre_Init doesn't seem to work. I'm sure I'm skipping something simple but it's just not obvious to me.
David Rodriguez
BMFResposio
#4 Posted : Thursday, July 17, 2008 9:14:39 AM(UTC)
BMFResposio

Hello D-Rod,

Typically when I start a new project I copy the theme folder I want to start with, rename the folder to the web site name, and then manually go in and rename all my master page and their corresponding code behind sheets to point to the newly copied theme folder. This way everything should point to the theme you want to use and not use the BVC Theme.

You may need to go in and point to your new master page in individual sheets but to be honest if your theme has been configured correctly (i.e MasterPages) then all CSS theme links should work from your theme and not the default BVC template. I have never had to go in and recode individual sheets to point to my theme.

I hope this helps.

Brendon
[email protected]
www.resposio.com
drodriguez
#5 Posted : Thursday, July 17, 2008 2:27:18 PM(UTC)
drodriguez

Yes it does, Brendon. Thank you.
David Rodriguez