• Toll-free  888-665-8637
  • International  +1 717-220-0012
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

emunah
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 18, 2008 1:11:31 PM(UTC)
emunah

When I view a product in the store it does not state the maufacturer name, how do I make a browse by manufacturer function if I can only view it in admin?
MitchA
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 18, 2008 1:20:42 PM(UTC)
MitchA

You could make a dynamic category. If you've decided against this already, .... what do you mean by 'browse' if you don't mean a manufacturer's category?

The product in the store CAN state the manufacturer's name. Have you:

Created a product type for this product(s)?
Created and assigned a type property to this product type?
Assigned this to the product?
Added the manufacturer's name in any of the type property feilds?

To make a dynamic category, you DO HAVE TO make a 'manufacturer' in the admin and assign the manufacturer to the product, either as you create the product or in bulk edit.

This is the simplest way I can think of to add information of a like-kind to products. The alternative would be to ammend the long description via bulk edit and add the manufacturer's name as text.

Does this help? If you're really lost on this stuff, say so.

This is not your first call for help... Not to jab sticks in your cage, but have you read the BVC5 (and the very helpful BVC4) manual(s) and watched the videos? Honest, I'm a year into this and I still go back for refreshers (slap to the forehead moments) once in a while....

Wiki!
Optimists invent airplanes,
Pessimists buy parachutes.
emunah
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 18, 2008 2:06:42 PM(UTC)
emunah

I added 2 type properties to the product manufacturer and sku and it still does not display, I read the manual, what am I missing?
MitchA
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 18, 2008 2:18:24 PM(UTC)
MitchA

It is not possible to add 2 type properties to the product manufacturer and SKU.

By 'it still does not display' do you mean the product doesn't display, or the manufacturer's name doesn't display on the product's page?
emunah
#5 Posted : Tuesday, March 18, 2008 2:20:19 PM(UTC)
emunah

emunah
#6 Posted : Tuesday, March 18, 2008 3:43:17 PM(UTC)
emunah

the manufacturer does not display
MitchA
#7 Posted : Tuesday, March 18, 2008 4:33:48 PM(UTC)
MitchA

By 'browse', you must mean a list of categories, correct? If not, is there something in BVC5's ootb menu structure that you need to change?

Can't you simply name the categories "Manufacturer A", "...B", "...C"...etc., and fill each category with that manufacturer's goods? This works quite well for everyone else. Really, it does. It seems you're trying to reverse-engineer the basic platform.

Like I said a few days ago, perhaps you need to sit and go through this with someone on a one-on-one basis. It'll cost some money, but I don't see this working on this forum.

I'm done.
[email protected]
#8 Posted : Friday, April 18, 2008 2:14:11 PM(UTC)
info@cpapsupplyusa.com

We use dynamic categories to display products based on manufacturer. Then we use a hard coded menu system to point the categories. I guess the OOTB menu control could be used, but we don't use it.

* Note... you have to have the products correctly setup with vendor/manufacturer information for this work.
M. Hall
CPAP Supply USA

http://www.cpapsupplyusa.com