• Toll-free  888-665-8637
  • International  +1 717-220-0012
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

onlyprince
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 6, 2007 7:14:55 AM(UTC)
onlyprince

HI,
i m creating a header for a theme. I want to add or insert a flash in my header, so that every page can have a flash at the top.
i m creating an ascx file for the header. and calling that it in my other pages. on the default page, flash is coming in the header, but when i click on any category or product , then flash disappers from the header, but other content are still there...

please tell me where's the problem..

Code :

<table cellpadding="0" border="0" cellspacing="0">
<tr>
<td colspan="7">
<center>
<object width="890" height="207">
<param name="movie" value="images/header.swf" />
<param name="quality" value="high" />
<embed id="flash" src="Images/header.swf" quality="high" pluginspage="https://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="890" height="198"></embed><br />
</object>
</center>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td id="first"></td>
<td align="left" valign="top"><a href="http://kidseatfreecard.sequent-tech.com/"><div id="home"></div></a></td>
<td align="left" valign="top"><a href="faq.aspx"><div id="faq"></div></a></td>
<td align="left" valign="top"><div id="menu_parent"><a href="#" onmouseover=" at_attach('menu_parent', 'menu_child', 'hover', 'y', 'pointer');"><div id="location"></div></a></div>
<div id="menu_child" style="position: absolute; visibility:hidden; z-index:1px" >
<table width="100" style="background-color:#CF722D; cursor:hand; color:White; border-color:#82A515; border:1px; border-style:solid">
<tr onmouseover="this.bgColor='#82A515'" onmouseout="this.bgColor='#CF722D'">
<td style="font-size:12; font-weight:bold; font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica; "><a href="location.aspx"> Orlando </a></td>
</tr></table><br />
</div>
</td>
<td align="left" valign="top"><a href="restaurant.aspx"><div id="restaurants"></div></a></td>
<td align="left" valign="top"><a href="contactus.aspx"><div id="contact"></div></a></td>
<br />
</tr>
</table>
bvuser
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 6, 2007 12:11:03 PM(UTC)
bvuser

Most likely it is your src attribute. When you go to the product or category page, the relative nature of your src url changes because of your directory structure.

Most likely the flash works fine on the home page and any of the customer service/my account pages.

Depending on how flexible you want the site to be, you can either set the path as an absolute path there or you can use the bvc api to build the path from the code-behind.
Netriplex Corporation<br />
Cliff
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 6, 2007 3:21:40 PM(UTC)
Cliff

You may also want to clean up your HTML so you have less to debug when things go wrong; you have a few invalidly nested tags in there, and would be much better off not using all of that table markup for something so simple.
onlyprince
#4 Posted : Friday, September 7, 2007 1:15:26 AM(UTC)
onlyprince

Originally Posted by: "caplink" Go to Quoted Post
Most likely it is your src attribute. When you go to the product or category page, the relative nature of your src url changes because of your directory structure.

Most likely the flash works fine on the home page and any of the customer service/my account pages.

Depending on how flexible you want the site to be, you can either set the path as an absolute path there or you can use the bvc api to build the path from the code-behind.

Thanks for the reply, can u please guide me on how can i use bvc api to build the path from the code-behind..
onlyprince
#5 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2007 6:41:17 AM(UTC)
onlyprince

can u please guide me on how can i use bvc api to build the path from the code-behind..
JohnRossey
#6 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2007 4:41:56 PM(UTC)
JohnRossey

try this, where you have: <param name="movie" value="images/header.swf" />

change it to: <param name="movie" value="/images/header.swf" />
AND
change <embed id="flash" src="Images/header.swf" (leave everything after this, i just copied the part you need to change)
to this: <embed id="flash" src="/Images/header.swf"

and that should work...
John Rossey Productions
[color=gray>Flash,][/color]
[email protected]
http://www.johnrossey.com/
http://www.toocoolwebs.com