• Toll-free  888-665-8637
  • International  +1 717-220-0012
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Taylor
#1 Posted : Friday, March 30, 2007 9:24:19 AM(UTC)
Taylor

Where is the control for where the buttons are called from. I have a site that the buttons won't change to the ones in the theme I created with Cliff's theme factory. I thought maybe it was something in the theme itself, but none of the themes will show their buttons, only the BVC5 buttons. Any thoughts?
[email protected]
#2 Posted : Friday, March 30, 2007 10:48:30 AM(UTC)
bobn@laurastamm.net

I think you are referring to the same problem I had a while ago. Any way Justin fixed mine. Check out this post.
http://forums.bvcommerce.com/de...lt.aspx?f=81&m=43640

Bob Noble
Taylor
#3 Posted : Friday, March 30, 2007 1:37:04 PM(UTC)
Taylor

That is what I'm talking about, but it's for all the buttons. Do I need to do that for every page? yikes
[email protected]
#4 Posted : Friday, March 30, 2007 6:11:16 PM(UTC)
bobn@laurastamm.net

I don't think so. Besides, I think it is being fixed in SP2. The easy way to find out what buttons are affected is to start removing Themes from your web site and see if yours still works. Thats how I found it. I started throwing stuff away I didn't want to use.

I'm sure you know this already, but keep in mind, there are several sources of Images in this software. The main one is the Images Folder in the WW folder, then in almost every folder inside Cliff's theme. There may be more I haven't found yet.

I have a designer that thinks he can set up some kind of replicator in Photo Shop. Apparently he keys in the button names, then chooses a design and color, then presses go and it will spit out buttons of pretty much any color or shape you want. At least we are going find out if it works pretty soon I hope.

I have been toying with idea of having 4 or 5 or more different themes available (just color variations the main one) so our customers can choose what they want if they happen to stumble across them. I've also been thinking about changing the themes (colors) on our site when the seasons change. I got the idea from my Ex Wife wanting to move the furniture all the time.

Bob Noble

Credit goes to Cliff with Promotion Sickness for his Theme Factory. I credit him for saving my life after the initial panic attack I had when I opened BV5 for the very first time.
Matt@9BallDesign
#5 Posted : Friday, March 30, 2007 6:23:23 PM(UTC)
Matt@9BallDesign

Originally Posted by: "Bob" Go to Quoted Post

(Credit goes to Cliff with Promotion Sickness for his Theme Factory. I credit him for saving my life after the initial panic attack I had when I opened BV5 for the very first time)
Amen to that! We'd all be a tad bit more than just a little behind in our projects without him ;)
Matt Martell

http://www.9balldesign.com - Web, Print, Graphic

http://www.martellhardware.com/ - Decorative & Builder's Hardware

------------------------------------------------