• Toll-free  888-665-8637
  • International  +1 717-220-0012
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Ephicient
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 12, 2006 11:01:48 PM(UTC)
Ephicient

As we're in the final stages of evaluating BV Commerce for purchase, I'm curious if anyone out there does custom theme development? Ideally, we'd like to submit a screenshot of a competitor website and have a theme created with our company branding and a few other changes. Is this possible, or would investing in the Master-Pages learning curve be more logical and/or cost effective?

Thx
Cliff
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 13, 2006 12:36:05 AM(UTC)
Cliff

There are a few of us who do, just look under the design column here: http://www.bvsoftware.com/Partners/Default.aspx

I would be careful when basing a design off of a competitor's; even if you've made some changes, you may end up with a cease & desist in the mail. When it comes to branding, it's best to truly set yourself apart from the competition.
Ephicient
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 13, 2006 1:23:21 AM(UTC)
Ephicient

Thx for the references. We are certainly not looking to base an entire design off of a competitor's website; however, we are very aware, as with most companies looking to understand their competition, of the elements of a competitor's business (website) that makes them successful, and it is much more time/cost effective to take those elements and improve upon them when starting out. If we do move forward with BV Commerce, which I believe we will, I would like to log our humble-beginnings in this forum to assist other companies in our position that are interested in evaluating/purchasing BVC.

Thx again for the quick feedback.
Cliff
#4 Posted : Wednesday, December 13, 2006 1:35:07 AM(UTC)
Cliff

Well said, certainly. Good luck!