• Toll-free  888-665-8637
  • International  +1 717-220-0012
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

lcasey
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 28, 2006 10:23:41 AM(UTC)
lcasey

We will have a store full of non-shipping products. There are several variations of each product. I believe the best way to set this up would be to use Product Modifiers, associating a distinct non-shipping product with each Item in the Product Modifier list. As far as I can tell, this option is not built-in OOTB. Did I miss it?
It looks like the Product Combinations Edit screen would be the perfect place to define a specific downloadable item for each option.

Can someone who's into the code comment on how difficult a mod this would be? We have the developer pack, but haven't had time to get into it much yet.

Thanks,

Linette
Nick Alberti
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 4, 2006 11:10:56 AM(UTC)
Nick Alberti

FYI: BV Commerce 5 has the ability to associate file downloads with Customer Choices. Simply open the file vault and edit the file download. Click the "add products" button and select a product that has choices associated with it. Click the add button. BV Commerce 5 will then display a list of the choices available for the product.

You can also associate a file download with all choice options by adding the file via the "file downloads" page on the "edit product" screen.

You could have a main download for all choices with a sub download for each choice option.
lcasey
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 4, 2006 11:19:27 AM(UTC)
lcasey

This is great news and a very nice feature.

Thanks very much, Nick!

Linette