• Toll-free  888-665-8637
  • International  +1 717-220-0012
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

eric
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 12:59:21 PM(UTC)
eric

Version: BV Commerce 5.8.0.1015

I'm trying to setup Paypal Express to a Paypal Sandbox account for testing, and am getting the following error:

"Exception occurred during call to Paypal: com.paypal.sdk.exceptions.TransactionException: The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel. ---> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Net.WebException: The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel. at System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request) at System.Web.Services.Protocols.HttpWebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request) at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) at com.paypal.soap.api.PayPalAPIAASoapBinding.SetExpressCheckout(SetExpressCheckoutReq SetExpressCheckoutReq) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner) at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture) at com.paypal.sdk.core.APICaller.CallSOAP(MethodInfo method, Object obj, Object[] args) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at com.paypal.sdk.core.APICaller.CallSOAP(MethodInfo method, Object obj, Object[] args) at com.paypal.sdk.core.APICaller.Call(String operationName, AbstractRequestType request) at com.paypal.sdk.services.CallerServices.Call(String operationName, AbstractRequestType request) at BVSoftware.PaypalWebServices.PayPalAPI.SetExpressCheckout(String paymentAmount, String returnURL, String cancelURL, PaymentActionCodeType paymentAction, CurrencyCodeType currencyCodeType, String invoiceId) in C:\Users\EWAREZAK\Documents\Projects\Projects\HD580STG\source\BVSoftware.PaypalWebServices\PaypalAPI.cs:line 189 at BVSoftware.Bvc5.Core.BusinessRules.OrderTasks.StartPaypalExpressCheckout.Execute(OrderTaskContext context) in XXXXX\source\BVSoftware.Bvc5.Core\BusinessRules\OrderTasks\StartPaypalExpressCheckout.vb:line 64"

I had this setup and working a couple of weeks ago, however, it is no longer working.

In tracing this, it appears that the url for the sandbox API has changed. I found the following post that discusses the same error, and symptom:

https://www.x.com/develo...box-three-token-endpoint

however, the proposed solution doesn't work for me.

Anyone run into this issue, or have any ideas on how to troubleshoot? I've contacted the paypal integration team, but they suggested the problem was on my end.

Yes, I have verified that my API Username, password, and signature are correct.

TIA,

Eric
Aaron
#2 Posted : Friday, November 16, 2012 10:00:06 AM(UTC)
Aaron

United States

Was thanked: 163 time(s) in 158 post(s)
Can't say I've ever run into this, but I also haven't tested the sandbox mode lately.
Aaron Sherrick
BV Commerce
Toll-free 888-665-8637 - Int'l +1 717-220-0012
Steve95
#3 Posted : Friday, November 16, 2012 11:26:07 AM(UTC)
Steve95

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
I have the same issue, get the latest version of the paypal_base.dll and pop that within your bin folder. Hopefully everything should then work as before. If wish to sanity check your code swap to production mode and you should find it works perfectly.
Steve95
#4 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2013 11:16:24 AM(UTC)
Steve95

Aaron

This may need an official patch. It looks like the base URL in the paypal_base.ddl is pointing to https://api.sandbox.paypal.com/2.0/ and not https://api-3t.sandbox.paypal.com/2.0/

It look like quite a few shopping carts are effected by this, not just BV

https://www.x.com/develo...box-three-token-endpoint

Edited by user Monday, January 28, 2013 11:19:12 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Added link to possible xml web.config fix

Aaron
#5 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2013 4:08:35 PM(UTC)
Aaron

United States

Thanks for doing this research, Steve! If you're up for a little testing, give the attached DLL a shot and let me know if it works. Note that this has not been tested by us at all, but it does appear to use the updated URL.
File Attachment(s):
paypal_base.dll (200kb) downloaded 20 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
Aaron Sherrick
BV Commerce
Aaron
#6 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 4:55:36 PM(UTC)
Aaron

United States

Steve,

Did this new assembly work for you?
Aaron Sherrick
BV Commerce
Steve95
#7 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2013 6:51:09 AM(UTC)
Steve95

Aaron

Sorry I have not had chance yet. Hopefully I will later in the week.
gurus
#8 Posted : Wednesday, February 26, 2014 9:55:27 AM(UTC)
gurus

Afganistan

Hi, I tried it didn't work.

I gives me following erorrs: (PaypalExpressUtilities.vb)

Error 12 'CreateAPIProfile' is not a member of 'com.paypal.sdk.profiles.ProfileFactory'.

and in PaypalExpress.vb

Error 11 'PaymentStatus' is not a member of 'System.Array'.
Aaron
#9 Posted : Friday, February 28, 2014 10:34:47 AM(UTC)
Aaron

United States

Originally Posted by: gurus Go to Quoted Post
Hi, I tried it didn't work.

I gives me following erorrs: (PaypalExpressUtilities.vb)

Error 12 'CreateAPIProfile' is not a member of 'com.paypal.sdk.profiles.ProfileFactory'.

and in PaypalExpress.vb

Error 11 'PaymentStatus' is not a member of 'System.Array'.

Thanks for reporting your findings! This is on our list to investigate.
Aaron Sherrick
BV Commerce