• Toll-free  888-665-8637
  • International  +1 717-220-0012
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

birdsafe
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 4, 2009 11:07:39 AM(UTC)
birdsafe

I'm really having a problem with orders not being imported right -- there seems to be no rhyme or reason to how they are imported into QB -- whether I have tax set to "import as a line item" -- some of the out-of-state orders get tax added to the order in QB, some do not, some are marked as "VA Tax" and some as "BVC Tax" -- which I have no clue where that comes from! Sometimes when I run an import, all Virginia orders are skipped on import.

Can someone guide me as to how best set this up? Maybe if I set to import tax as a "line" item -- I need an associate item set up in QB? Maybe that is why the VA orders are being skipped (????)
Marcus
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 5, 2009 10:11:59 AM(UTC)
Marcus

Joe,

After running an export with problems, go to the About->Log File screen in the QuickBooks tool and copy the export log. Send it to marco at bvsoftware dot com and he will be able to help diagnose the problem.
birdsafe
#3 Posted : Monday, February 8, 2010 11:22:10 AM(UTC)
birdsafe

Still waiting for an answer -- wondering if we have worked on this -- thanks
pread
#4 Posted : Monday, February 8, 2010 9:07:33 PM(UTC)
pread

Joe,

I too have had the problems you are having. You will not like my solution because it is not really a solution, just a better way. I am using BV 5.5 and QB 2007.

I set the default tax as Out of State in the QB preferences. Check the "do not use tax" checkbox in the connector options.

Import the orders. Create a report showing only the sales from California (my state). Now for the painful part. I go through all of these orders and change the tax to the proper QB item. QB will remember (if you let it) the tax setting for those customers and will set the tax properly on future imports.

If memory serves, the option that saves the tax as a line item on the order messed up the QB sales tax report.

Does anyone know where the source code is for the connector?

Paul
birdsafe
#5 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2010 6:59:22 PM(UTC)
birdsafe

I'm thinking about not importing tax at all and just adding a Sales Tax item at the end of the month for all orders -- whether or not each invoice has the tax or not is not an issue really, just that the total for tax purposes is correct.