• Toll-free  888-665-8637
  • International  +1 717-220-0012
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

cdakz
#1 Posted : Sunday, June 7, 2009 4:35:35 PM(UTC)
cdakz

Here's a quick-and-dirty tip that's saved me plenty of time.

When importing the comma-delimited text file into the import-export tool, every record must be on a separate line.

I provide an Excel spreadsheet to my clients, for them to fill in with the product inventory. Invariably, they introduce carriage returns/linefeeds into the text of the ShortDescription & LongDescription fields (and other fields sometimes, too!). Problem is, when I export from Excel to a text file, these spurious CR/LFs break the 1 record = 1 line in the text file rule).

So, to clean up my clients' data, I import the Excel sheet into Access to do various housekeeping. One of the handy update queries is as follows, to strip out the linefeeds (for some reason this also takes care of the carriage returns too, without having to do a replace on chr(13). For your handy referernence, here's the Access/VB expression to use in an Update query to clean up the LongDescription. Just replace the "LongDescription" text with the name of your field, if you want to clean up a different field.

[2]

Code:

UPDATE Products SET Products.LongDescript[b][/b][b][/b]ion = Replace([LongDescript[b][/b][b][/b]ion],Chr(10),'');

[/2]
ashley
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 20, 2010 1:33:20 AM(UTC)
ashley

Is it possible to cancel an order in BVC5 now?

I searched for other topics on this and only came up with one really old thread that was apparently around the time of SP3: http://forums.bvcommerce...t.aspx?f=89&m=51535. Has an OOTB solution for this been created yet?

If not, the solution that the last poster presented sounds like it might work in my situation. I just want to be sure I am not reinventing the wheel by putting this in now.

I would especially like to hear from anyone that has implemented this with a reasonable solution, as cancelling an order seems like a pretty essential piece of functionality that is (or was) missing from BVC5.