• Toll-free  888-665-8637
  • International  +1 717-220-0012
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

birdsafe
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 23, 2008 11:37:11 AM(UTC)
birdsafe

I had been running my import fine but noticed that my sales numbers were off -- I just found out that new products added to the site were being imported into QB as "Other Income" -- I made this change to now import them as "Merchandise", but I'm not sure how now to get those items back in with the rest of my sales numbers -- my bottom line is correct, it's just my reports aren't set up quite right in QB -- Other than editing each item in QB individually -- will that be overwritten the next time I import one of those items?
Marcus
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 23, 2008 5:50:50 PM(UTC)
Marcus

There may be a way to "merge" quickbooks accounts.
[email protected]
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 23, 2008 9:25:17 PM(UTC)
bobn@laurastamm.net

I had a similar problem. I had my "Sales" as the parent of "Sales" and "Refunds - Sales". When took the sub account off of "Refunds - Sales" so it was at the same level as the original Sales everything displayed properly on my QB Report.

Bob Noble
birdsafe
#4 Posted : Thursday, April 24, 2008 6:43:36 AM(UTC)
birdsafe

Thanks - I think the merge is what I need to look into -- thanks! -- I understand QB even less than I do BV -- tha'ts dangerous! <G>
gaynes
#5 Posted : Thursday, April 24, 2008 12:56:10 PM(UTC)
gaynes

QuickBooks likes to use sub-accounts sometimes but it will make your P/L look kind of strange if you use an account both as a summary and an individual entry.

Suggestion -- look at the new inventory item created within QB and see what GL accounts are assigned to it. Change the item to the correct account. When this is done it will "usually" prompt and ask if you wish to change all entries which will merge them to the new/correct account. Be very careful when you get the prompt to make sure that it is going where you want.

Kim

Training@YourPlace, LLC