• Toll-free  888-665-8637
  • International  +1 717-220-0012
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

[email protected]
#1 Posted : Friday, April 27, 2007 11:43:03 AM(UTC)
admin@lnsproducts.com

I ran the import tool last night from my BV4 store to our BV5 development site to runs some final testing before going live.

After the import, my first "real" test order with the db's all complete, created an order number of "0". The orders panel is set to last order "1007" and to increase in increments of 1.

I had left this test order to create order 1008, and, if successful, would switch to our normal ordering system AT-XXXX. However, I noticed then that the initial internal test orders (1000-1007) were still showing up and hadn't been overwritten during the import.

I will have to rerun the import to capture new orders since last night - so, what can I do differently to fix this.

Thanks
Ryan
Admin Extraordinaire
Marcus
#2 Posted : Friday, April 27, 2007 5:57:41 PM(UTC)
Marcus

Orders are never cleared in the migration tool. If you turn on the "overwrite orders" option AND the migration tool finds an existing order with the exact same number it will overwrite.

You will manually need to go in and delete any test orders you migrated unless you will be migrating orders over top of them using the exact same order numbers.
[email protected]
#3 Posted : Friday, May 4, 2007 11:14:37 AM(UTC)
admin@lnsproducts.com

Marcus,

What tables contain order information that need to be deleted in BV5? Unless there is an option for deleting orders in the admin?

I know in BV4 there were entries made all over the place for an order...
Ryan
Admin Extraordinaire
Marcus
#4 Posted : Friday, May 4, 2007 3:13:19 PM(UTC)
Marcus

Ryan,

You can "edit" and order and "delete" it from the button at the bottom center of the page on the edit order screen in the admin. There is no bulk delete function.
[email protected]
#5 Posted : Friday, May 4, 2007 6:39:15 PM(UTC)
admin@lnsproducts.com

Thanks - that's much easier...

Although, I've started a support ticket about this, all my new orders since the migration are recorded as order "0" (subsequent orders create multiple order "0"s)...

Anybody have any ideas on this?

We started with BV5 SP1 and entered a couple of test orders before upgrading to SP2. Placed about 10 orders in SP2 to assure functionality and then used the import tool for orders and users only from BV4.

Thanks
Ryan
Admin Extraordinaire