• Toll-free  888-665-8637
  • International  +1 717-220-0012
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

rmiller
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 1, 2005 6:15:14 PM(UTC)
rmiller

I have installed the most recent version of BV Order Export and have the following issues.

<UL>
<LI>Orders must be marked as "completed" in BV for them to import into Quick Books.
I think orders should be imported regardless of their status. For instance if you have back ordered items and you wanted to keep track in Quick Books, you would want to import these "non completed" orders. At least having an option to import completed orders (yes or no) would be nice. Possibly some might not want to impor un completed orders. </LI>
* Pay Pal orders throw an error "[2]Error while saving order xxxx No Payment Method ID was Found / Created!" I understand that if you are trying to import credit card info it will throw this error, but possibly the error could ignore Pay Pal orders, or a confirmation dialog box could pop up stating which orders were Pay Pal orders.[/2]

* New Product Prefix - I would assume enabling this option will create the specified pre fix to only new products. In my tests (if the prefix is enabled), it always shows the prefix regardless if it's a new product to Quick Books or not.
</UL>
I have a client who currently is having the same issues.

Russ Miller
Marcus
#2 Posted : Friday, February 4, 2005 10:29:20 AM(UTC)
Marcus

1) There is an option in the preferences screen to import all orders or only completed orders
2) The export tool should automatically create a paypal payment method for you. Make sure you have the latest version of the export tool. You can also try manually creating a payment method called "paypal"
3) The prefix option means that the export tool will use the product id from your store plus the prefix on orders. If it does not find a product in quickbooks that exactly matched the prefix+id then the export tool will create one.