• Toll-free  888-665-8637
  • International  +1 717-220-0012
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

ejilbab
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 22, 2004 3:29:12 AM(UTC)
ejilbab

Hello,

Am still hesitated to buy BV OrderExport, can I use it for financial management in such issues: sales forecast, inventory management, break-even analysis, cash flow etc. I need advice from BV OrderExport user.

Thanks Alot

Qais
[url=http://www.ejilbab.com][/url]
rmiller
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 22, 2004 11:50:12 AM(UTC)
rmiller

All that BV OrderExport does is import your orders as invoices into Quick Books. As far as Inventory management goes... if you are keeping control of your inventory in Quick Books then it will subtract your item quantities whenever it posts the invoices. It does not however update you inventory on the BV side. As far as doing reports... this can all be done in Quick Books after you have imported the orders.

This too is very worth it if you are getting at least a couple orders a day. Copy and pasting your orders into Quick Books is a pain, and this tool is great so you don't have to do that. If you have further questions let me know.

Russ Miller
ejilbab
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 23, 2004 2:43:48 AM(UTC)
ejilbab

Hello Russ,

Thanks so much for the valuable information you share it with me. But i have another question, can you recommend me a good financial software that can do a cash flow, sales forecast, and break-even analysis. Because I want to use the both softwares BV OrderExport & financial software. Please advice.

Thanks alot,
Qais
[url=http://www.ejilbab.com][/url]
rmiller
#4 Posted : Thursday, December 23, 2004 8:28:15 PM(UTC)
rmiller

Well BV Export works in conjunction with Quick Books. So I would recommend that since that's your only option for order imports ;). If you use any other software such as Peach Tree, you would need a custom application to take care of the imports.

Russ Miller
rmiller
#5 Posted : Thursday, December 23, 2004 8:31:55 PM(UTC)
rmiller

To add to my last comment...

I beleive you can use only Quick Books Premeir or Professional 2002 - 2004 with the Order Export. Canadian versions of Quick Books are supported, but just for 2004 I beleive. One more thing... The latest Order Export must be used with SP2 or above. It will no longer work for SP1 unless you have an older version. This shouldn't be an issue for you. I just had to hold off on the SP2 version until I got my modified store back up to speed.

If you have any other questions, let me know. I work with Order Export on a daily basis.

Russ Miller
websuperman
#6 Posted : Sunday, December 26, 2004 11:35:17 PM(UTC)
websuperman

Russ,

My company is currently manually entering several orders daily into quickbooks from the website. We do quite a bit of business outside the website that must be manually entered as well. I am not the person that does the entering, but I am the one responsible for the site and stream lining things if you know what I mean. How would you explain the benefit of this program? Do you also do business outside the site that must be manually entered? How does the Order Import affect your process(es) ? I am not the quick books wizard but I have done pretty well thus far figuring out enough to get things right. I appreciate your advice / info .
rmiller
#7 Posted : Monday, December 27, 2004 12:14:51 AM(UTC)
rmiller

In terms of online orders it comes down to how long does it take to copy and paste customers addresses, payment information, and items purchased. Maybe you are extremely fast at it, but if you can shave any time off of your working day it's worth it. Let's say you it takes you 5 minutes to process an invoice, show payment received, etc... for each order. A dozen orders a day takes you one hour of processing time. For the small price tag that BV offers this, I would say it would be worth it within a one week of use. Processing 50 orders in 10 minutes sounds better to me than processing 50 orders in 4 hours.

Now moving onto manual orders. Well theres nothing I can help you with there. There's nothing automatic about that, so the BV Export wont be any help there. But if you can just concentrate on shaving time off of your online orders, then you're in good shape.

Here's how I figure investments out to see if they are worth it. "How many orders do I have to process before I see a return". Let's say you are paying someone $20/hr to handle accounting for your business. If they are using the copy and paste method, they will process 35 orders in 7 hours. For the same fee that you would pay your employee you could invest that into BV Export. Therefore anything over 35 orders (in terms of processing time) is profit.

Hands down I would say anyone that does more than 1 online order a day should purchase BV Export. Trust me, it is worth it!

Russ Miller
websuperman
#8 Posted : Monday, December 27, 2004 1:29:27 PM(UTC)
websuperman

Thanks Russ. I agree with and share your philosophy. My main concern is how the orders are brought in via the order import and how they are handled versus the manual orders. I am well aware that there is no automating manual orders, but I wonder how the process differs. When an invoice is imported is it put in a "status" to be looked at and then posted or is it so automated that they come in, do their thing and that's it? I ask so that I can explain the program better. I will be reading about the program today as well. Thanks again.
rmiller
#9 Posted : Monday, December 27, 2004 2:05:35 PM(UTC)
rmiller

Well you have some options with BV Export on how to have the invoices imported. For instance, you can have it setup so that they can be automatically set as paid. So really the only thing you need to do after that point is deposit your batch at the end of the day. So the process between manual orders and automatic is pretty much the same, you just tell BV Export how much you want it to automate at once. I hope that makes sense. Let me know if you need further details.

Russ Miller