• Toll-free  888-665-8637
  • International  +1 717-220-0012
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

jsy1001
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 7, 2008 1:01:05 PM(UTC)
jsy1001

I'm trying to setup our UPS account with BV5 to generate automatic shipping charges that could apply to orders.

I followed the UPS registration link but after filling out the forms I got a message saying "The registration process could not be completed at this time. Please try again later." After many attempts, still getting the same message. So I ignored it.

But now on the edit shipping option screen it says:
"Already Registered with UPS (click to register again)"

I went through the checkout process again to test the shipping charge, shipping rate is still not being generated while checking out. Instead it's showing up as $0.00 after "retrieving rates". (Tried sooooo many times, still nothing. ><)

I can't apply any shipping charges to my orders.

How can I resolve this issue?

Can someone help?!!!!! Please advise.
Andy Miller
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 7, 2008 2:58:49 PM(UTC)
Andy Miller

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Open up the UPS shipping method (BVAdmin > Options > Site Settings > Shipping > click on Edit next to the UPS shipping method you defined).

Turn on Diagnostics Mode.

Save.

Add something to cart and click on the Shipping Rate button on the cart.aspx page (or start the checkout if you do not show the Shipping Rates button on cart.aspx).

Go to BVAdmin > Options > Event Log and examine the UPS events that were recorded. They should include information about what went right and wrong when the rates were retrieved from UPS.
Andy Miller
Structured Solutions

Shipper 3 - High Velocity Shipment Processing
jsy1001
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 8, 2008 9:42:37 AM(UTC)
jsy1001

hey Andy, thanks for your reply. I tried your shipping setting, but still nothing.
Below are the event logs I'm getting. Does it make any sense? thanks again for helping.

Response: &lt;?xml version="1.0"?&gt;&lt;RatingServiceSelectionResponse&gt;&lt;Response&gt;&lt;TransactionReference&gt;&lt;CustomerContext&gt;Rate Request&lt;/CustomerContext&gt;&lt;XpciVersion&gt;1.0001&lt;/XpciVersion&gt;&lt;/TransactionReference&gt;&lt;ResponseStatusCode&gt;0&lt;/ResponseStatusCode&gt;&lt;ResponseStatusDescription&gt;Failure&lt;/ResponseStatusDescription&gt;&lt;Error&gt;&lt;ErrorSeverity&gt;Hard&lt;/ErrorSeverity&gt;&lt;ErrorCode&gt;10002&lt;/ErrorCode&gt;&lt;ErrorDescription&gt;The XML document is well formed but the document is not valid&lt;/ErrorDescription&gt;&lt;Errorlocation&gt;&lt;ErrorlocationElementName&gt;AccessRequest/UserId&lt;/ErrorlocationElementName&gt;&lt;/Errorlocation&gt;&lt;/Error&gt;&lt;/Response&gt;&lt;/RatingServiceSelectionResponse&gt;

UPS Status Code = 0 UPS Postage = UPS Errors = The XML document is well formed but the document is not valid UPS Rate = -1

Request: &lt;?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?&gt; &lt;AccessRequest&gt; &lt;AccessLicenseNumber&gt;4C25B7D97C824476&lt;/AccessLicenseNumber&gt; &lt;UserId /&gt; &lt;Password /&gt; &lt;/AccessRequest&gt; &lt;?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?&gt; &lt;RatingServiceSelectionRequest&gt; &lt;Request&gt; &lt;TransactionReference&gt; &lt;CustomerContext&gt;Rate Request&lt;/CustomerContext&gt; &lt;XpciVersion&gt;1.0001&lt;/XpciVersion&gt; &lt;/TransactionReference&gt; &lt;RequestAction&gt;Rate&lt;/RequestAction&gt; &lt;RequestOption&gt;Rate&lt;/RequestOption&gt; &lt;/Request&gt; &lt;PickupType&gt; &lt;Code&gt;11&lt;/Code&gt; &lt;/PickupType&gt; &lt;Shipment&gt; &lt;Shipper&gt; &lt;Address&gt; &lt;City /&gt; &lt;CountryCode&gt;US&lt;/CountryCode&gt; &lt;/Address&gt; &lt;/Shipper&gt; &lt;ShipTo&gt; &lt;Address&gt; &lt;PostalCode&gt;60625&lt;/PostalCode&gt; &lt;CountryCode&gt;US&lt;/CountryCode&gt; &lt;ResidentialAddress /&gt; &lt;/Address&gt; &lt;/ShipTo&gt; &lt;Service&gt; &lt;Code&gt;14&lt;/Code&gt; &lt;/Service&gt; &lt;Package&gt; &lt;PackagingType&gt; &lt;Code&gt;02&lt;/Code&gt; &lt;Description&gt;Package&lt;/Description&gt; &lt;/PackagingType&gt; &lt;Dimensions&gt; &lt;UnitOfMeasure&gt; &lt;Code&gt;IN&lt;/Code&gt; &lt;/UnitOfMeasure&gt; &lt;Length&gt;15.00&lt;/Length&gt; &lt;Width&gt;15.00&lt;/Width&gt; &lt;Height&gt;6.00&lt;/Height&gt; &lt;/Dimensions&gt; &lt;PackageWeight&gt; &lt;UnitOfMeasure&gt; &lt;Code&gt;LBS&lt;/Code&gt; &lt;/UnitOfMeasure&gt; &lt;Weight&gt;10.0&lt;/Weight&gt; &lt;/PackageWeight&gt; &lt;/Package&gt; &lt;/Shipment&gt; &lt;/RatingServiceSelectionRequest&gt;

UPS Status Code = 0 UPS Postage = UPS Errors = The XML document is well formed but the document is not valid UPS Rate = -1
jrose
#4 Posted : Friday, May 30, 2008 9:40:35 AM(UTC)
jrose

I'm having the EXACT same issue. Has anyone found a solution? I'm using BV Commerce 5 SP3.2

I'm getting the same behavior when I register my shipping account ( the "The registration process could not be completed at this time. Please try again later." message and then it says I'm already registered when I go back)
and shipping calculation isn't working still. When I turn on error logging, I get the exact same error as jsy1001.

jsy1001, did you find a solution?
Thanks!
Marcus
#5 Posted : Friday, May 30, 2008 2:29:14 PM(UTC)
Marcus

Try re-registering for a UPS online tools account and make sure that all information is filled out completely before requesting the UPS license.
jrose
#6 Posted : Friday, May 30, 2008 3:25:46 PM(UTC)
jrose

Ah, actually... I guess it would have been more accurate to say "make sure all information is filled out CORRECTLY" before requesting the license. I cross referenced our the information I was using with our UPS info and there were a few differences (the UPS account was created before we moved locations) and the different address made the difference. It now registers correctly. Unfortunately, i still can't get it to calculate shipping rates on checkout.. but this is a step in the right direction.
Thanks!
joel
jrose
#7 Posted : Friday, May 30, 2008 3:36:17 PM(UTC)
jrose

Ok, now the error I'm getting in the Event Log is:

UPS Status Code = 0 UPS Postage = UPS Errors = Customer Classification Code is required with the requested Pickup Type UPS Rate = -1

Customer Classification Code..... any ideas?

Thanks again!
jrose
#8 Posted : Friday, May 30, 2008 3:43:39 PM(UTC)
jrose

Ok... I had it set for 'Suggested Retail Rate' which, for some reason, won't generate shipping estimates. Once I changed 'Pickup Type' to either Customer Counter or Daily Pickup, it generated shipping options.
Hope this helps someone else.