• Toll-free  888-665-8637
  • International  +1 717-220-0012
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

MarkOlsen
#1 Posted : Monday, March 17, 2008 8:35:55 AM(UTC)
MarkOlsen

Hi,

I was wondering if there is a way to test the checkout procedure. I want to go through it and make sure all the screens are the way I want them and also add orders so I can look at how the order reports are laid out. I don't want to actually have a credit card charged.

Also, when you set up a shipping method (say Fedex). When someone checks out, does it automatically place a ticket with Fedex to come up and pick up the shipment and charge you the shipping? I work with a distributing company and everything will be shipped from them and they will take care of that. I just want the shipping price to charge my customers and then Ill submit the orders to my shipping company and they will charge me the shipping that it cost them.

Mark
MarkOlsen
#2 Posted : Monday, March 17, 2008 8:41:56 AM(UTC)
MarkOlsen

OK, I found the BV Test Gateway so that takes care of that problem. Another thing I was wonder is if there is any email address verification where it sends a test email to the address and they have to respond. Is that in the software?
avmwebguy
#3 Posted : Monday, March 17, 2008 11:15:39 AM(UTC)
avmwebguy

Not out of the box.

I think one of the core concepts for BV was not even making a customer register if they didn't want to. You can turn that off if you want, but I see the design philosophy in the whole application. I recently just modified my version to require the users enter their contact information when registering.
- Brian

Web Developer/IT Manager