• Toll-free  888-665-8637
  • International  +1 717-220-0012
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

gaynes
#1 Posted : Monday, March 10, 2008 10:20:27 AM(UTC)
gaynes

My site has a lot of categories and subcategories and products. Is there a quick way to tell it to alphabetize the subcategories without the painful arrow process for each one? Is there a way to tell it to alphabetize all the products without going into each category/subcategory? Thanks! I am new to this cart.
avmwebguy
#2 Posted : Monday, March 17, 2008 11:25:06 AM(UTC)
avmwebguy

Not that I know of. . .

I rewrote my category manager to handle the arrow and remember which "page" you were on to make it easier when editing categories

The only way I know if to alphabetize products is to set the Sort Order option to Product Name (in each category). You could probably edit the Category_edit.aspx file and set the SortOrderDropDownList to default to Product Names, if you want all new categories to have that selected by default.

To change all the existing categories: do a mass category query on the database that changes just the Sort Order.

You can also use the database to change the Order of the Categories, if you know what you are doing.

This is risky if you don't know what you're doing though and I don't recommend it, especially on a live store.
- Brian

Web Developer/IT Manager
gaynes
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 23, 2008 11:21:14 AM(UTC)
gaynes

Thanks. I ended up doing it manually and seting all the categories to sort product by name. It took about 9 hours. It looks good though.