• Toll-free  888-665-8637
  • International  +1 717-220-0012
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

cdakz
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 2, 2008 5:18:53 PM(UTC)
cdakz

I'm setting up my first gateway with BVC5 (using Authorize.net). Everything's working (valid payment info shows up as an "Unsettled" charge in Authorize.net's admin).

However, if the gateway Declines the the transaction, the customer gets the same "Order Completed" message that they would've seen with an Accepted transaction.

How can we set BVC5 to stop the sale if the credit card was Declined (preferably telling the customer to double-check their credit card & billing info)?
MitchA
#2 Posted : Sunday, March 2, 2008 6:16:19 PM(UTC)
MitchA

I've had customers try a few times to get a cc sale to 'take', so I know they're getting a message, but I don't know why your's aren't. I use Authorize.net also. I don't remember changing any settings....

Maybe in Workflows?
Optimists invent airplanes,
Pessimists buy parachutes.
cdakz
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 5, 2008 9:04:20 PM(UTC)
cdakz

Submitted a support ticket and got the answer! This is already documented in the online manual, in the "How to" section
[color=#6c2e19>[url=http://www.bvsoftware.com/BVCommerce5Manual/How%20To's/HandlingDeclines.aspx][/url]

Also, here's another tip. If you're using Authorize.net, and switch the BV admin from "Test" to "Live" mode, but when you place a test order, the order details indicate that it's in text mode, e.g "Charge Success: Transaction Approved - (TESTMODE) This transaction has been approved." it's because you haven't logged into your Authorize.net account too, and also switch it to Live mode as well (doh! :)