• Toll-free  888-665-8637
  • International  +1 717-220-0012
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

MitchA
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2008 10:53:04 AM(UTC)
MitchA

A wholesale client has asked that order confirmation emails go to the sales dept and invoice emails go to the bookkeeping dept.
Optimists invent airplanes,
Pessimists buy parachutes.
Marcus
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2008 6:17:40 PM(UTC)
Marcus

You can create a new workflow task to send another email. How would you store the two email addresses during checkout?
MitchA
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2008 6:47:20 PM(UTC)
MitchA

This client is a user and member of a price group, any possibility for creating a cc: addy somewhere? We split name (first name/last name) into two feilds, why not email-1 (for order confirms and ship notifications) and email-2 (for billing and shipping/receiving dept)?

This can get out of hand... two lists of email drop-downs would be needed to keep it all straight on the order edit pages. Checkout page instructions for the shopper would have to be pretty clear - which addy was for what correspondence. A workflow step is also required I would assume.

Think outside the box and we'll have something that other carts don't offer.

Flexibility in on-line communications is as important in business as having a phone in your pocket, even more sometimes. BVC is very rigid in this area, as are most small-scale carts.

More and more small firms are going to embrace on-line sales/inventory/S&H systems in the future. B2B is a big part of commerse and we can't all go to SAP or IBM. There's an opening here, Marcus.

I had a wholesaler ask me today if he built a BVC store, could he hook up to my database and sell some of my products. People are thinking....
Optimists invent airplanes,
Pessimists buy parachutes.