• Toll-free  888-665-8637
  • International  +1 717-220-0012
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

casti004
#1 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2008 1:02:04 AM(UTC)
casti004

Hello,

I am wondering if it is any way possible to make a customized section under Shared Choices -> HTML Area, so you can actually modify the 'Your Price' field of a product.

I am hoping it can perform the same built-in function as the built-in product modifiers.

Basically, I am building a calculator using javascript to calculate a more complex set of choices the user makes.

For ex, I have made this so far, but have not figured out how to connect it to change the price field:

http://www.uniquebanners...Sports__SCH-spc-001.aspx

Thanks,

Dave
MitchA
#2 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2008 8:30:15 AM(UTC)
MitchA

If you do get your input methed working, please post!!!! There are a lot of us trying to come up with better ways. I think this method should be included in BVC6 also.
Optimists invent airplanes,
Pessimists buy parachutes.
[email protected]
#3 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2008 12:46:04 PM(UTC)
windlinx@hotmail.com

we want to use the shared choices to prevent staff from re-typing color and sizes over and over. however when we add color and size to a product, it displays all of the colors and size regardless of the inventory on hand entered at the color size level. so say you have colors red, blue and green, in sizes small, medium, and large and you have product "a" and "b". product "a" only comes in red and blue, small and medium, and "b" comes in all colors but only small. if i use shared choices, and for product "a" for the green options set the value for inventory to "o" the product page still displays all of the combinations. if you try to add an invalid combination to the cart, meaning a combination with invenotry set to 0, the cart is smart enough to tell the shopper that it is not avaiable, but this not the best case for the shopper since we have over 100 hundred colors.

so what is the middle ground? how do we avoid not typing colors and sizes in for every single product or if we used shared choices, how do we keep the product page from displaying all of the choices with 0 inventory?

thanks
MitchA
#4 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2008 4:22:49 PM(UTC)
MitchA

KDub, You should move Q this to it's own thread.

I would contact BVC directly. Also, this has been a topic here, try a bunch of searches in the forum.
Optimists invent airplanes,
Pessimists buy parachutes.