• Toll-free  888-665-8637
  • International  +1 717-220-0012
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

DeStefano
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 13, 2008 12:20:10 PM(UTC)
DeStefano

Where is the check box to allow orders and put them on hold when there is a payment error?
birdsafe
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 13, 2008 9:09:57 PM(UTC)
birdsafe

Are you wanting to "manually" process credit card orders? If there is a "payment error" there really isn't an order at all.
DeStefano
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2008 7:31:14 AM(UTC)
DeStefano

not really. i had the admin set to allow orders if there was an error on the processing side so we would receive the order and it would be put on hold. we could then contact the customer and get the correct information and at the same time not lose a sale due to a simple keystroke error on their part. There is a check box somewhere to set this up I noticed one in the site settings>payments for google checkout but I see none for credit cards.
birdsafe
#4 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2008 8:33:54 PM(UTC)
birdsafe

Not sure about a checkbox for that. But I can tell you from my experience, cards aren't usually declined because of "keystroke errors" -- they are declined because -- well, they are declined or they put the wrong address. The problem with allowing it go through and give them an Order ID is if they use a debit card and they look at their banking info online, it will appear to them as if it was APPROVED -- so then when you contact them to get info, you might get a lot of arguments. Plus you have to have time to do all that -- I get at least one decline a day and don't have time to track them down; most customers either use another card or put the correct address and put it through again if you don't approve orders.
MitchA
#5 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2008 9:09:20 PM(UTC)
MitchA

I had a fellow try the same card 4 times before using a good one.
Optimists invent airplanes,
Pessimists buy parachutes.