• Toll-free  888-665-8637
  • International  +1 717-220-0012
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

muaddib2007
#1 Posted : Friday, February 1, 2008 12:37:18 PM(UTC)
muaddib2007

Is there any way of changing the email that goes out to the customer when an order is refunded? Currently even though the customer gets an email with the order details and the order status being "In process" even though its confirmed the order is refunded via the payment gateway..

Thanks
muaddib2007
#2 Posted : Friday, February 1, 2008 2:00:56 PM(UTC)
muaddib2007

if the answer to the first question is "no", then I'm wondering if I can modify \Orders\ReceivePayments.aspx.vb to add code to send a custom email to the customer clearly indicating that order was refunded.

The following code in the GridView1_RowCommand function responds to the refund button click:

Case "BVRefund"
Dim row As GridViewRow = GridView1.Rows(CInt(e.CommandArgument))
If row IsNot Nothing Then
Dim d As New Payment.PaymentData
d.OrderPaymentId = o.Payments(e.CommandArgument).Bvin
d.StoreOrder = o
Dim rd As RowData = GetRowData(row)
PopulatePayDataFromRowData(rd, d)
CType(o.Payments(e.CommandArgument).FindMethod, Payment.CollectablePaymentMethod).Refund(d)
If d.ResponseMessage.Length > 0 Then
MessageBox1.ShowMessage(d.ResponseMessage, d.ResponseMessageType)
End If
ReloadOrder(previousPaymentStatus)
End If

My question is, can I determine that the refund was in fact processed properly by the payment gateway in this block (ie. is there some return value from the Refund function which would indicate the refund was processed. If so it is my idea to create a custom function to that will email the customer.
MitchA
#3 Posted : Friday, February 1, 2008 2:06:43 PM(UTC)
MitchA

To your first post:

Yes, you can create any email you wish. Go to the email templates tab in Content. You'll find a long list of ootb templates. Find the one that comes closest to what you need. Cut and paste the content into notepad for easy editing. Click 'new' and save your new email. It'll show up in the drop-down on the manage order page.

Keep in mind that emails don't need to be html format. Plain text works fine.

If making a 100% refund, you'll likely use [[Order.GrandTotal]] to show the amount refunded so you don't have to edit the email before sending.

On the manage order page, select the email and click 'email' after the credit has been made. Done.

On the Options > Orders tab page, there is a line of text: "Click Here to Edit Order Status Codes". You can make your own codes. While they won't be automatically used by the store, the ones marked "Sytem Status" are, you can use them as personal reminders of the order's status. "Cancelled and refunded" would be appropriate. For my wholesale sales where I invoice house account clients, I use "Shipped and Invoiced" after sending the invoice.

Your second post:

Only the three Statuses checked are 'seen' by the order mgr. You'd need to beef up this bit of code too.
Optimists invent airplanes,
Pessimists buy parachutes.