• Toll-free  888-665-8637
  • International  +1 717-220-0012
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

daniel
#1 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2008 4:37:56 PM(UTC)
daniel

In my Bv Admin>Catalog>Categories

In here I create a static category called: Controller cards

which creates this page below:

http://localhost/Departments/Controller-Cards.aspx

After creating a static category and looking at the page in my browser, I then go back to category menu in bv admin where I created this category and I hit the edit button for this new category in order to add products to this category, so in the Edit category menu under the Production Selection area I hit the Select button and select my products to add and hit add then I see them as the selected products for the category I created. I then hit ok. (Of course I do this when I have created all my products in BVadmin first.)

I then look at my category page I created, prior to adding the products, in my browser and now see the products I have added on this page. for example, I have added test 1 and test 2 as my product pages below:

http://localhost/Products/test-1__test-spc-1.aspx

http://localhost/Products/test-2__test2.aspx

My question is: how do I edit this category page under departments? And how do I edit the product page under the Products folder? I cannot seem to figure this out. Which .aspx page do i edit for these two? It seems I can only affect these pages through BvAdmin but I know there has to be a manual way to do this?

Can someone help me, I've been stuck onthis for 3 days now.

Thank you

Dan :confused:
Noah
#2 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2008 4:57:19 PM(UTC)
Noah

You can edit the /products/ /departments/ here,

Admin> Options> Performance (on the left hand menu).

Controlling URL's beyond that can be done a lot of ways, in BV directly with the URL feature as well as many other ways outside of BV.

There is no "category" page under departments, or "product" page under categories. The category and product pages are generated on the fly. You use the product or category templates and CSS to dictate the way they display. Products can be assigned to any template, as well as categories.

Does that help?
Noah
daniel
#3 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2008 6:56:04 PM(UTC)
daniel

Originally Posted by: "Noah" Go to Quoted Post

You can edit the /products/ /departments/ here,

Admin> Options> Performance (on the left hand menu).

Controlling URL's beyond that can be done a lot of ways, in BV directly with the URL feature as well as many other ways outside of BV.

There is no "category" page under departments, or "product" page under categories. The category and product pages are generated on the fly. You use the product or category templates and CSS to dictate the way they display. Products can be assigned to any template, as well as categories.

Does that help?

Noah,

This is exactly what I need and it does help, At first I thought you would have to edit these pages in BvAdmin and could not see where, I knew these pages were created on the fly and I knew there was some master or template page that controlled this. I just did not where to look. Thank you for showing the way as I went here and found the page that affects the product page and department page:

BVModules\CategoryTemplates\Grid\Category.aspx--this is for main category

BVModules\CategoryTemplates\Sub Category Menu--this is for sub category

so all in all this helped very much Noah.

Thank you very much for the explanation and understanding of my question and answer. because of this I have overcome this problem.

Many Many Thanks,

Dan :smurf:
Noah
#4 Posted : Saturday, January 19, 2008 12:16:44 PM(UTC)
Noah

Right on!

I'm glad you got it going.
Noah