• Toll-free  888-665-8637
  • International  +1 717-220-0012
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

daniel
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2007 8:45:41 PM(UTC)
daniel

I have been trying to move the position of the content in a page through the styles.css sheet but cannot figure it out

See my attachment to see what I am talking about.

I tried to do it with breadcrumbs in the style sheet. but it did not work.

There has to be an easy way to do this.

Does anyone have a solution to this or possibly encountered this problem when editing a template.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you to everyone on this forum for all your help

Dan

**Addendum**:

Has anyone come across this problem or have been able to fix this problem in a style sheet so that it affects content in all pages already created or custom created pages?

The only solution that I have is to manually go in each created page and custom page and do this using the <table><tr><td> tags to position the content or in the content manager. but this is so time consuming and it also means that when I create a custom page it will not have these settings.

So, Could this mean that I have to control the tables in a style sheet and put a div tag reference in the custom page.aspx page and the created pages that came with BV5 so that this happens all the time without having to play with <table><tr><td> tags? Hope this makes sense.

All in all, I am looking for something more universal in the style sheet that affects all the pages so that all the content looks consistent. (i.e.:headers,etc...)
File Attachment(s):
content problem.doc (319kb) downloaded 222 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
Taylor
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2007 6:55:36 AM(UTC)
Taylor

Dan - it's difficult to pinpoint the problem just with the screenshot in the doc. The stylesheet is where you want to control the look and setup - DO NOT ADD TABLES TO EVERY PAGE. You will be in a world of hurt when the Service Packs come out... plus you will have a lot of wasted time in both adding the tables and in trying to manage the site in the future. The beauty of BVC5 is that limited tables are used and "everything" is controlled in the stylesheet. You don't want to undo that.

Can you send an ip? I don't know what the banner is at the top above the login or where it comes from. If it's part of the header everything under should clear unless you have some weird floats in there. Bottom line is there could be many things out of whack. If I could look at the page I could help you pinpoint the problem.
daniel
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2007 1:34:42 PM(UTC)
daniel

Originally Posted by: "WanitaT" Go to Quoted Post

Dan - it's difficult to pinpoint the problem just with the screenshot in the doc. The stylesheet is where you want to control the look and setup - DO NOT ADD TABLES TO EVERY PAGE. You will be in a world of hurt when the Service Packs come out... plus you will have a lot of wasted time in both adding the tables and in trying to manage the site in the future. The beauty of BVC5 is that limited tables are used and "everything" is controlled in the stylesheet. You don't want to undo that.

Can you send an ip? I don't know what the banner is at the top above the login or where it comes from. If it's part of the header everything under should clear unless you have some weird floats in there. Bottom line is there could be many things out of whack. If I could look at the page I could help you pinpoint the problem.

Hello WanitaT,

I appreciate your response and could not agree more. I know that adding tables will cause so many problems. However it has been the only thing that I have been able to come up with.

Here is the stylesheet I am using:

[color=black>/*]a {color:#000;text-decoration:none;}
a:hover {color:#9cf;text-decoration:underline;}
.clear {clear: both;}
.hide {display: none;}
body {margin:0;padding:0;font-size: 13px;color: #fff;background-color:#fff;font-family: Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif;}
table { width: 100%; }
*/
[/color][color=black>a]a:hover {color:#9cf;text-decoration:underline;}
.clear {clear: both;}
.hide {display: none;}
body {margin:0;padding:0;font-size: 13px;color: #fff;background-color:#fff;font-family: Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif; background-image: url(images/rswbackingbv5.png)}
table { width: 90%;}
/*_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________*/[/color]</FONT>

[color=black> </FONT>

/*ADMIN PANEL--use below as defaults for style code below if changes cause errors or want to revert back to what was used before changes.
#adminpanel {font-size:11px;background-color:#303030;color:#666;border-bottom: 1px solid #666;padding:5px;}--controls the background color and text of admin top panel
#adminpanel a {color:#999;text-decoration:none;}--controls all the color of the text in the admin panel.
#adminpanel a:hover {text-decoration:underline;}--controls the rollover underline effect of the admin panel and it's text.
*/
#adminpanel {font-size:11px;background-color:#ffffff;color:#666;border-bottom: 1px solid #666;padding:5px;}
#adminpanel a {color:#999;text-decoration:none;}
#adminpanel a:hover {text-decoration:underline;}
/*_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________*/[/color]

[color=black>

/* HEADER--use below as defaults for style code below if changes cause errors or want to revert back to what was used before changes.
#header {height:75px;font-size:11px;margin:0;border-bottom:solid 1px #fff;}---this controls the bottom nav division line's color or visiblity.
#header ul {list-style:none;margin:0;padding:0;}
#header ul li {display:inline;margin:0;padding:0}
#header a {color:#fff; margin:0 20px 0 0;}
#headermainmenu {font-weight:bold;text-align:center;font-size:13px;}
#headernavmenu {margin: 0 0 5px 0;padding: 3px 0 0 0;text-align:center;}
#wait{ background: #FF0000; position: fixed; top: 15px; right: 15px; width: 100px; }
*/
#header {height:75px;font-size:11px;margin:0;border-bottom:solid 0px #fff;}
#header ul {list-style:none;margin:0;padding:0;}
#header ul li {display:inline;margin:0;padding:0}
#header a {color:#fff; margin:0 20px 0 0;}
#headermainmenu {font-weight:bold;text-align:center;font-size:13px;}
#headernavmenu {margin: 0 0 5px 0;padding: 3px 0 0 0;text-align:center;}
#wait{ background: #FF0000; position: fixed; top: 15px; right: 15px; width: 100px; }
/*_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________*/[/color]

[color=black>

/*_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________*/
/* FOOTER--use below as defaults for style code below if changes cause errors or want to revert back to what was used before changes.
#footernavmenu a {color:#fff;margin:0 0 0 20px;}--controls the color of the text.
#footernavmenu ul {list-style:none;margin:0;}
#footernavmenu li {display:inline;margin:0;}
*/
[/color][color=black>#footernavmenu]#footernavmenu ul {list-style:none;margin:0;}
#footernavmenu li {display:inline;margin:0;}

[color=black> </FONT>

/* FOOTER--use below as defaults for style code below if changes cause errors or want to revert back to what was used before changes.
this will affect bottom nav menu division line and way it is listed, also affects bv admin copyright
#footer {width:780px;margin-left:auto;margin-right:auto;clear:both;border-top:solid 1px #666;}---this controls the bottom nav division line's color or visiblity.
#footernavmenu {margin:10px 0 20px 0;text-align:center;}
#footercopyright {width:300px;padding:10px;color:#666;font-size:11px;}
*/
[/color][color=black>#footer]#footernavmenu {margin:10px 0 20px 0;text-align:center;}
#footercopyright {width:300px;padding:10px;color:#666;font-size:11px;}

[color=black> </FONT>

/* MAIN CONTENT--this positions the main body content left:1220px, center:780px, right by width:, default is width:780px;
--use below as defaults for style code below if changes cause errors or want to revert back to what was used before changes.
#maincontent {margin-top:10px;margin-bottom:0;margin-left:auto;margin-right:auto;width:780px;}
*/
#maincontent {margin-top:10px;margin-bottom:0;margin-left:left;margin-right:auto;width:1080px;}

[color=black>

/*_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________*/
[/color][color=black>/*][/color][color=black>#homepagecolumn1]#homepagecolumn2 {width:380px;float:left;}
#homepagecolumn3 {width:277px;float:right;}[/color]

[color=black> </FONT>

#navcolumn {width:175px;}
#maincolumn {padding:0 0 0 10px;}

[color=black> </FONT>

/* CONTENT BLOCK TAGS */
.decoratedblock {border:solid 1px #666;margin:0 0 15px 0;background-color:#303030;}
.decoratedblock h4 {font-size: 11px;height: 15px;margin: 0px;padding: 1px 3px 0 5px;color: #fff;}
.blockcontent {padding:5px;text-align:left;}

[color=black>

/* HEADING TAGS */
h1 {color:#FFF;font-size:20px;margin:0px;}
h3 {text-align:left;font-size:9pt;font-weight:normal;padding:3px;text-align:left;line-height:16px;color:#fff;margin:0;border-bottom:solid 1px #666;}
h4 {font-size:11px;}

[color=black>

/* SIDE MENU CONTENT BLOCK */
.sidemenu ul, .categorymenu ul {padding:0;margin:5px 0;}
.sidemenu li, .categorymenu li {padding: 2px 2px 2px 10px;list-style:none;}

[color=black>

/*???*/
.breadcrumbs {color:#666;font-size:11px;margin:0 0 10px 0;padding:0 0 5px 0;}
.categoryrotator .blockcontent {text-align:center;}
.productrotator .blockcontent {text-align:center;}
.productgrid .blockcontent {text-align:center;}

[color=black>

/* SPECIFIC CONTENT BLOCK TAGS */
#searchform {margin:10px 0;padding:10px;}
.row {text-align: left;background-color: #fff;}
.row td, .alternaterow td {border-bottom: solid 1px #ccc;}
.alternaterow {text-align:left;background-color: #f5f5f5;}
.rowheader {text-align:left;background-color: #666;color:#fff;}
.searchresultspane {margin:0 0 20px 60px;}
.searchresultrecord {margin:3px 20px 5px 20px;}

[color=black>

/* CART */
.cartitemimage {width:110px;height:110px;float:left;}
.cartitemdescription {display:inline;}
#cartFooter {margin: 10px 0 0 0;}
#carttotals {width:200px;float:right;margin-bottom:10px;text-align:right;}
#cartupdates {width:550px;margin-bottom:10px;text-align:right;}
#cartactions {clear:both;text-align:right;padding-bottom:12px;}
#cartactioncontinue {float:left;width:120px;text-align:left;}
#cartactioncheckout {display:inline;}
.lineitemnodiscounts {text-decoration: line-through; display: block;}
.totallabel { display: block; }
.productpricecolumn { vertical-align: top; text-align: right; }
.productquantitycolumn { vertical-align: top; text-align: right; }
.producttotalcolumn { vertical-align: top; text-align: right; }
.productdeletecolumn { vertical-align: top; text-align: center; }
.productquantitycolumn div { width: 60px; float: right; }
.radiobuttoncol {width: 20px;}[/color]

[color=black>

[color=black>

[color=black>

.WideSingleProductDisplayPanel .SingleProductDisplayImage {float: left;display: block;}
.WideSingleProductDisplayPanel .ProductBadge {}
.WideSingleProductDisplayPanel .SingleProductDisplayName {font-size:15px;}
.WideSingleProductDisplayPanel .SingleProductDisplayDescription {font-size:14px;}
.WideSingleProductDisplayPanel .SingleProductDisplayPrice {font-size:14px;}
.SkinnySingleProductDisplayPanel .SingleProductDisplayImage {float:none;display:block;}
.SkinnySingleProductDisplayPanel .ProductBadge {}
.SkinnySingleProductDisplayPanel .SingleProductDisplayName {font-size:15px;}
.SkinnySingleProductDisplayPanel .SingleProductDisplayDescription {font-size:14px;}
.SkinnySingleProductDisplayPanel .SingleProductDisplayPrice {font-size:14px;}[/color]

[color=black>

div.MainMenu {background-color:Grey;margin-bottom:5px;margin-left:auto;margin-right:auto;width:780px;clear: both;}
ul.MainMenu {display:block;margin:2px 0px;list-style-type:none;}
li.MenuItem {margin:2px 10px 2px 0;display:inline;}
li.ActiveMenuItem {margin: 2px 10px 2px 0;display:inline;font-weight:bolder;}[/color]

[color=black>

.sitemapColumn{ vertical-align: top;}
.ColumnOne { }
.ColumnTwo { }
.ColumnThree { }
#SitemapTable{ width: 100%; }[/color]

[color=black>

[color=black>

.pager { margin: 10px 0; padding: 5px 0; text-align: center; clear: both; }
.pager ul {list-style:none;margin:0;padding:0;}
.pager ul li {display:inline;margin:0;padding:0}
.pager a {color:#ddd; text-decoration:none;margin:0 20px 0 0;}[/color]

[color=black>

[color=black>

.shippingdiscount { text-decoration: line-through; }[/color]

[color=black>

.messagebox { width: 100%; margin: 5px 0; }
.messagebox ul { list-style: none; }
.messagebox .icon { float: left; margin: 5px; }
.messagebox .message { margin: 5px 5px 5px 30px; font-size: 100%; line-height: 1em; padding: 5px; }
.messagebox .errorline { clear: both; }[/color]

[color=black>

<FONT face=Arial>

<FONT face=Arial][3]Also here is my table code in my custom.aspx page:[/3][/color]

&lt;%@ Page Language="VB" MasterPageFile="~/BVModules/Themes/Bvc5/Default.master" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="Custom.aspx.vb" Inherits="Custom" title="Custom Page" %&gt;
&lt;asp:Content ID="Content1" ContentPlaceHolderID="MainContentHolder" Runat="Server"&gt;
&lt;table height="230"&gt;
&lt;tr&gt;
&lt;td&gt;&lt;/td&gt;
&lt;/tr&gt;
&lt;/table&gt;
&lt;table&gt;
&lt;tr&gt;
&lt;td width="180"&gt;&lt;/td&gt;
&lt;td align="left"&gt;
&lt;h1&gt;
&lt;asp:Label ID="lblName" Text="Title Loads Here" runat="server" /&gt;
&lt;/h1&gt;
&lt;asp:Label ID="lblContent" Text="Content Loads Here" runat="server" /&gt;
&lt;/td&gt;
&lt;/tr&gt;
&lt;/table
&gt;
&lt;/asp:Content&gt;

I am showing you my stylesheet page in hopes that you can show what I may need to do in the stylesheet to control the tables and what code I would need to put in every page so that the style sheet controls all content position.

Thanks for your response back, and look forward to your reply back with any solutions you feel may help,

Dan