• Toll-free  888-665-8637
  • International  +1 717-220-0012
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

MitchA
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2007 9:32:55 AM(UTC)
MitchA

I think I know the answer, but I'll ask anyway. Volume discounts on any one product - no sweat.

Products "A" and "B" each offer a volume discount if you buy 2 of either one. How about 1 product "A" plus 1 product "B" for the volume discount?

Too much?
Optimists invent airplanes,
Pessimists buy parachutes.
bvuser
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2007 11:21:54 AM(UTC)
bvuser

Not supported ootb
Netriplex Corporation<br />
Marcus
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2007 12:09:48 PM(UTC)
Marcus

You can create Buy X and get Y at a discount offers in BV Commerce 5. The discounts can apply over and above volume pricing. While this might be a little trickier to setup it might fit your needs.

Also, if you can create a product choice to differentiate Product A and Product B under a single item then you can use volume discounts across both.
MitchA
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2007 2:51:22 PM(UTC)
MitchA

Marcus,

I'm thinking about someone who need two medicine cabinets of the same model... identical to go side-by-side but they need the doors to swing opposite each other. This happens once in a while. The left hinge/right hinge option is a modification, as are door style, size, wood, etc.

Your "Buy X and get Y at a discount" would have to be "Buy X and get second but modified X at a discount", no?

I tested a volume discount plan, and it worked with any modifiers except those that should have changed the price on either cabinet. I offer beveled mirror at $100.00 extra. Either, the Volume Discount wiped that price change out --- OR --- the Same-SKU-Same-Price bug hits it. This will be fixed in SP3, I hope. It'd be really nice to be able to test ONE thing at a time.

My cabinets run about $500.00 and building in pairs SHOULD save the buyer money. I'm looking for a way to offer the second same-model cabinet - but not a different model cabinet - at a savings to encourage economy of scale while fabricating.
Marcus
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2007 3:36:02 PM(UTC)
Marcus

Mitch,

The volume pricing/modifier bug and same item bug you mentioned will be corrected shortly in SP3.
MitchA
#6 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2007 5:46:04 PM(UTC)
MitchA

Marcus,

Not jabbing sticks in your cage.. my wife runs the national database for Verizon via SAP, plus a bunch of other stuff, so I understand completely.

Sometimes a bug isn't as so much a bug as it is an artifact of scope-creep. Getting so many parameters to work together as a product is being built and assembled from modules is tough, I hear about it at the dinner table. I know if this volume pricing/modifier/price group/discounts "feature" had been developed together by one developer it might work better, but might also never reach completion and see the light of day.

We're hanging in there.
Marcus
#7 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2007 6:35:28 PM(UTC)
Marcus

Thanks Mitch. That's mostly what we're dealing with now in SP3. Features are working well and as planned by themselves. It's the interaction of features where "bugs" are creeping in.